Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: G.INP Enabled Sync increased 10Mb PN profile stuck  (Read 1014 times)

lewisp8

G.INP Enabled Sync increased 10Mb PN profile stuck
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »

So, i had a previous thread about my journey of getting connected to a new BDUK AIO cab from my previous 2Km line, but i feel it is long and off topic. Anyway so i have been connected to the new cab for about 2 weeks now and G.INP has now been activated i was syncing about 69Mbs prior to G.INP. After it went to about 75Mbs and this morning it re-synced to 79Mbs so a full 10Mb increase from G.INP (MDWS : lewisp8).  Anyway so all is good then.... Well, plusnet and it's weird profiling system seems to have my line stuck at 68Mbs from before so despite my sync speed the actual broadband speed is exactly the same. I've tried calling them but they seem a bit clueless to what i'm saying?

tommy45

• Reg Member
Re: G.INP Enabled Sync increased 10Mb PN profile stuck
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »

Are you using a separate modem /router or a modem /router single unit device? if you can try dropping the PPPOE session  Not the sync, if possible and leave disconnected for a few mins before you  re-connect, as sometimes a re sync event  happens too quickly for  the crappy PN IP profile  equipment to see it  and adjust, if that fails  run a BTW performance test and  screen grab the BTW ip profile page, and e-mail it the morons in support telling them that you PN IP profile doesn't match the BTW IP  profile and isn't updating  had the same issue myself when i was with them,

anything