adsl spacer  
Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Openreach Extend G.fast Pilot to 1 Million UK Premises  (Read 469 times)

gt94sss2

• Reg Member
Openreach Extend G.fast Pilot to 1 Million UK Premises
« on: August 17, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »

Openreach has today announced that their pilot of 330Mbps capable hybrid fibre G.fast broadband technology is being significantly expanded to include 26 new locations across the United Kingdom (1 million premises by the end of 2017). Various areas from Liverpool to Cardiff are on the list.

Full list at http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/08/openreach-extend-330mbps-g-fast-broadband-pilot-1-million-uk-premises.html

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Openreach Extend G.fast Pilot to 1 Million UK Premises
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 11:50:27 AM »

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/08/openreach-extend-330mbps-g-fast-broadband-pilot-1-million-uk-premises.html

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/08/openreach-extend-330mbps-g-fast-broadband-pilot-1-million-uk-premises.html

G.fastís 26 New Pilot Locations

Armley
Bath Kingsmead
Bishops Stortford
Brierley Hill
Brighton Hove
Chorlton
Eltham
Glasgow Bridgeton
Glasgow Douglas
Great Barr
Hammersmith
Hemel Hempstead
High Wycombe
Hunslet
Kidbrooke
Liverpool Central
Lofthouse Gate
Manchester East
Mansfield
Northern, Birmingham
Parsons Green
Portsmouth North End
Pudsey
Rochdale
Wandsworth
Whitchurch, South Glamorgan

I was one town away from the G.fast area  :(

I hope these new pilot areas will give people who are active in the forums the ability to give us some feedback on how it performs.

How do people sign up for it? Do they contact their isp? Will it be a paid service?

Is a pilot area a commercial roll out? If not, then I guess the commercial roll out plans have been pushed back. I'm thinking maybe this will be another data experiment to get an idea of how many people will actually take up the offer.
BT Infinity 2 - HG612 & Asus RT-N66U - ECI Cab

skyeci

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »

Some cabs in combe down, Bath already have the pods on the pcp's so just waiting to see when/what is offered. (Family members cab, not mine)
Sky Fibre Pro -  zyxel vmg3925 (bridge mode) + PFSENSE (APU2C4) 2.4.0 with ipv6 , AC-88U WAP- ECI cab, G.INP disabled as of 8th April 2016

http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk user upload ID skyECI (using a pi3)

j0hn

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »

That certainly explains all the recent posts here and on TBB about pods popping up everywhere.

900m from the cab here, not gonna help me.
BT FTTC 55/10 ECI Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924 bridge mode + Asus RT-AC68U running Asuswrt-Merlin - minted on MDWS via DslStats

burakkucat

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »

I see that two of those listed locations are where a somewhat younger black cat lived for seven years, each.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:55:15 PM by burakkucat »
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 06:31:59 PM »

Some cabs in combe down, Bath already have the pods on the pcp's so just waiting to see when/what is offered. (Family members cab, not mine)

BNE enginer was fixing G.Fast pod to my cab at Bathampton at 6pm couple of evenings ago, but cabinet other end of village will need to be reshelled before it gets one I think.
Spotted G.Fast pods all around Bath, Upper Weston,Bathwick,etc, but they still haven't done cab 46 on Warminster Road,junction of North Road yet.

And there another cabinet on the Warminster Road, junction of Claverton Hill, going that way tomorrow, so I will see if that has a G.Fast pod on it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:47:31 PM by KIAB »

anything