Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DSLStats and its webserver  (Read 8602 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
DSLStats and its webserver
« on: August 10, 2017, 09:36:17 AM »

I run DSLStats on Windows 7 and decided to try the webserver. When I try to access any created page I get an error saying the connection was reset by the server, however if I try a page which does not exist I get a 404 error as I should (I use HTTPFOX in order to see the flow and errors as there is no error page provided). Now is this working for others who use the Windows version?

Stuart

I should also add that the pages are OK when viewed on W7 locally. Also if I disable and then re-enable the webserver I get an error saying Directory "%s" does not exist and a mesasge in the event log saying Unable to create webserver directory.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:41:59 AM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: DSLStats and its webserver
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:40:21 AM »

I don't think the webserver works for me on 6.0.4 on Win 7.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »

Does this happen when you try to access the pages over the LAN, or only when you try over the internet?
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »

I'm not using the external net purely locally over the lan via IP address and port, even using 127.0.0.1:port fails on W7 itself with the reset. By the way the failure to create webserver directory fails everytime I stop it and try to start it, and I do have the delete files option set, Also the actual webserver directory still exists but if I try to access it I get Not Accessible Access denied despite it showing up in the directory listing of the Graphs directory.

Stuart

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »

It happens to me on my LAN

The files are accessible in the webserver folder and seem to be created correctly but the webserver doesn't appear to be active.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:24:17 AM by Dray »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »

I've checked, and the same happens here on Linux. I haven't knowingly changed anything in the webserver recently, and I believe it was working at the time of v5.9.2, because I corrected a bug in that version, and as far as I know the person who reported the bug was happy with the result.

I haven't got any time to look at this now, so I'm afraid I'll have to put it on ice for the time being.
  Eric

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 10:33:31 AM »

No problem :flower:

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 10:34:18 AM »

I've checked, and the same happens here on Linux. I haven't knowingly changed anything in the webserver recently, and I believe it was working at the time of v5.9.2, because I corrected a bug in that version, and as far as I know the person who reported the bug was happy with the result.

I haven't got any time to look at this now, so I'm afraid I'll have to put it on ice for the time being.

That's fine Eric, I was only playing and thought I ought to mention it.... at least I know it was not me having a 'senior moment or 6'  ;)

Stuart

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 11:13:19 AM »

No issues with v6.0.4 on the Raspberry Pi, can access both from LAN and locally.  :thumbs:
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 11:26:53 AM »

That's strange as I am unable to get it working on openSUSE Tumbleweed, however I do run Apache on that as well so will try on the Laptop running Leap. I also tried a couple of older versions - same issue here on Linux.

Stuart

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 11:29:09 AM »

Sorry. I've just realised I'm using Apache2 too. I'll crawl back into my corner now!  :-[
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 12:30:49 PM »

I've done a bit more testing with dslstats under win7 and winxp but I just can't get the webserver functioning although the files are created in the webserver folder correctly. I have used a couple of tiny webserver programs successfully so all is not lost :)

They are Tiny Server http://tinyserver.sourceforge.net/
and TinyWeb server https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/tinyweb/

I also noticed there was a lack of index.html so I found a .bat file which generates one in the webserver directory here: http://www.adarshr.com/html-index-generator-batch-script-for-windows

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »

There was never an index.html page. The webserver simply generates several web pages containing copies of graphs from the program, and is supposed to make these available for access over the LAN or the internet. It did work for a long time, but somewhere along the way the server function stopped working. I'm going to check it out when I get the chance.
  Eric

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »

Yes there's no rush now I have found a serviceable workaround :)

The absence of an index.html page is a restriction highlighted by Tinyweb because it refuses to start without one, so the bat script to automatically generate one was a welcome find. It also helps navigation of the folder as well.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 12:00:40 PM »

I think I've resolved this now. An essential file has not been included in the download archives. It's called mime.types, and you can download it from the normal downloads page (at the bottom). Copy this file to the same folder as the executable and the other downloaded files, then restart the webserver.

http://dslstats.me.uk/downloads.html
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2 3