Computer Software > General software

Any value - Speech to Text

(1/2) > >>

Ronski:
Instead of typing have you tried dictating, presuming circumstances allow,  it would most likely be a lot quicker.

kitz:
<OT>
It probably would and I'm seriously beginning to think about it.      I'm not good at email these days because of how long it can take me to reply.   
I have looked at Dragon, Not sure how it would work though with site stuff though.

Around the home I've just discovered Amazon Echo which I got at a massive discount (almost half price on Prime Day) and despite Sky net fears  after just a month I'm realising it is such a help and already wondering how I would manage without it.    Still waiting to see the Nuerosurgeon, my GP put in another request last week to see if I can get a more urgent appt as Ive also had a couple of falls in the past few weeks which he thinks is related. Worryingly I had a phone call from someone a couple of days ago which implied they couldn't find my MRI results -  MRI was done some distance from here on the same day and about an hour before the NHS systems got ransom-wared so hoping that I haven't got to start the wait again from scratch. :(

</OT> 

Chrysalis:
Yeah the NHS is a nightmare, you already know of some of my own problems, but my sister went in for a procedure to remove/drain a cyst on her kidney and even tho the NHS delayed it for half a year messing about, they then discovered it was attached to her spleen for the first time and had to abort.  They now have no plan moving forward for her and have even admitted if they did the procedure when she first seen them (back in feb) it wouldnt have been an issue as that stage it was much smaller and not near her spleen.

You have to keep pushing them kitz, which I know is a pain in the backside, but to the NHS we are just liabilities as they fight financial issues.

I think its worth looking into speech to text software as well.

Dray:
Windows usually has speech software built in

Ronski:
Try the Windows 10 built in speach recognition first.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-speech-to-text-guide/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version