Chat > Tech Chat

Cannot make outgoing calls

(1/3) > >>

d2d4j:
Hi

I hope someone may be able to help sorry

We have a client (very long story and cannot sat too much), which we are tasked with to help, with their clients they take over from (insolvency related)

On one case we are dealing with, a Pstn line can receive calls, is used for dsl which is working but no calls can be made

You hear a dial tone, no noise etc so it's clear, but on the 5 digit, it simply goes to pitch tone and no call can be made

My initial thought was outgoing call blocking without a 4 digit pin been inputted first, but the client has asked the people at the company and they say it never had one

Would bt ever stop outgoing calls whilst leaving incoming calls working, and bt broadband working

My thought is it should work in full or be disconnected

Any ideas greatly welcome as I do not think bt would be helpful in resolving this matter, but if I had too, I will ring them.

Many thanks

John

roseway:
I would guess that outgoing calls are blocked because the bill hasn't been paid, but the line rental was paid in advance and is still valid.

4candles:
Sounds like a 'stopped' line ie no line rental is being paid, for whatever reason, but the broadband is being paid for, or has unintentionally been left in service.

Black Sheep:
'Stopped' or 'TOS' (Temporarily out of service), won't allow incoming or outgoing calls.  :)

Black Sheep:
PS ......... it simply sounds like 'OCB' has been applied.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version