Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

Nosing in BT Wholesale ADSL checker found something!

(1/5) > >>

renluop:
I say 'nosing' because the line is not mine, but a relative's. I just wanted to see what FTTC speed they could get.
Top is the full 80, and they have been on fibre for a year or so with their provider. I saw that a bridge tap is registered at the last test date in May 2107.

The landline phone service is not necessarily affected by the fault, but assuming that the fault developed after they changed to VDSL, what obligation does BT Openreach have to rectify it, should it be reported, seeing that as a deterioration of service? I am not sure, if phone is with BT and FTTC with ANOR or if they have a combined contract with ANOR

gt94sss2:
The first thing to do is check your relatives internal wiring to confirm the bridge tap isn't an internal issue.  Then, you would need to check what speed xDSL they actually sync at and what speed package they have signed up too..

renluop:
I take all that in, but all that out of the way, is the statement in the checker per se, even though the connection sync may be above the clean Hand Back threshold, a valid reason to ask for the fault's correction?

Black Sheep:
Bone of contention is this topic with us, at the moment. Not something I can go into, either.

However, a bridged-tap will normally see a degradation of service and normally the ISP will report this to OR, and we go round to fix it.
Who pays for this service, we don't get to see ......... but IMHO it should be the ISP, as if the EU had been offered a 'Managed Install' when placing the order, the bridged-tap would have been identified immediately and removed.

However, it seems 'Self installs' have taken over the UK for the last 12months.

kitz:
A thought occurs.   The bridge tap on there will likely have been picked up by the equivalent of a hlog from line data which it may be possible to view using DSLstats and a compatible modem.
As mentioned the bridge tap could very possibly be on internal wiring. Does the property have an NTE?  If not it and it has has star wiring then may be possible to ask for normalisation free of charge.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version