kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: REIN
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 07:38:30 PM »

He's featured a few months back
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/broadband/sky-qs-erratic-broadband-disabled-smart-home/

Hmmm... He's complaining about wi-fi again.
Smart home with Sonos speakers/smoke alarms/central heating/oven. "the central heating doesn’t come on properly"  It would be interesting to know if that was a wi-fi problem or DSL issue.  He could even have dodgy powerline adapters.  Shame he's got a Sky Q hub rather than a decent router to get stats from. 

The more I read about what he says, the more I'm convinced its nothing to do with the neighbours kettle. 
I'm not ruling out the possibility of RFI/EMI from a neighbouring house, but no way is that going to be a kettle.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 08:06:39 PM »

Without being on-site, it's impossible to say if it is the kettle or not ................................. but in the hundreds of REIN cases I've attended now, not once has it been found to be a kettle as the source of interference.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 01:08:45 PM »

From reading the article I think the kettle word was just an attention grabber as in the article he's saying is that Openreach think the problem is outside of his property, possibly his neighbours. The kettle hasn't come in to it because OR hasn't gained access.

I think people who don't understand the process of detecting a fault are quick to buy in to the scare stories. Which I can understand as a lot of people aren't tech savvy.

It's a shame that the telegraph couldn't have printed a full story about REIN. I suspect there is some other motive for using this particular gentlemans story.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 [2]