Chat > Chit Chat

REIN

(1/4) > >>

Black Sheep:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/broadband/sky-broadband-wiped-neighbours-faulty-kettle/

JGO:
How many years is it since the churches realised that they had to live with interference by using a compatible system , not complain to the Creator or sue him ! ?
  I refer of course to lightening strikes.  I.T. designers please copy !

renluop:
This is somewhat OT (not too, I hope).
Before I came this way in 2002, I had lived for 24 years in E.Sussex near the Ashdown Forest, Pooh country.
A radio transmitter called Kingstanding, with an interesting history, was on the Forest. It caused some amusing events.  My church had amplification and sometimes when no one was at the mic, the system would pick up BBC World Service. A friend would get reception on opening the oven door. Another took his mother for a forest walk, and by a fence her hearing aids picked up a broadcast.
I wonder he was tempted to get the old lady, you know what! ;D

kitz:

--- Quote ---“So I am trying to schedule a time when the internet is down, we’re in, this engineer is available and our neighbours are in,” he said.
--- End quote ---

Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but why doesnt he just ask the neighbour to turn the kettle on and see if that causes the problem.   Then ask the neighbour to unplug the kettle and see if his internet comes back up.   Simples!    Why does it need an Openreach REIN engineer to perform that simple step.

--- Quote ---“What this experience has told me is to never use someone like Sky where they have contractual relationship with Openreach, I would go straight to BT or Virgin as they have their own network.”
--- End quote ---

Hmmm I dont think he understands that Openreach are not the same as BT retail/consumer.

Dray:
You could have a chat with him on twitter @eddymott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version