Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bad Noise Day & BT DLM  (Read 1564 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
Bad Noise Day & BT DLM
« on: July 16, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »

Had a very bad DS noise day yesterday between 09:00 & 15:00 hrs., exceptionally high DS CRC, ES & SES error rates my ILQ ended up heavily in the red for the 24 hour period.
I am on FTTC 38/2 with PN, fast path US & DS, G.Inp not active even though on Huawei cabinet & using HG612 modem.
I have never had any REIN issues to the best of my knowledge, resident in a very quiet suburban area.
My DS SNRM did step change very slightly a few times, approx. +/- 0.5dB. during the noisy period, it normally flat lines, currently around 7dB. since last re-synch..
I never actually dropped DSL / re-synch'ed yesterday as a result of the errors.

Now back to normal for my line with DS ES rate running at the bottom end of the amber ILQ zone.

Under yesterday's circumstances I was fully expecting DLM intervention this morning, likely application of DS interleaving as the system appears to be reluctant to apply G.Inp to my line, this did not happen !

The only explanation I can think of is that DLM has declared a Wide Area Event and my line was likely not the only line involved, any other suggestions welcome ?   
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Bad Noise Day & BT DLM
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 05:51:53 PM »

That is interesting. Is your circuit now back to its normal behaviour?

Try as I might, I am unable to come up with any other likely cause for the observations that you have reported.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »

Yes, back to normal since later in the day yesterday, ES running at the bottom end of ILQ amber catagory, not a lot over ILQ green.

I am only on fibre just over 5 weeks, initially converted from ADSL on fast path, had a similar bad noise day and DLM applied DS interleaving the next morning as per expectation.
DLM then reverted line to fast path a few days later where it has remained ever since in DS amber ILQ state until yesterday when the event occured.

I am on MDWS, user name tiffy.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 07:58:58 AM »

Strangely enough, I have now achieved ILQ green status the last two days (speed profile) since recovering from the noise event on Saturday, still on fast path and still no G.Inp, 6 weeks on fibre tomorrow.

Will try a modem re-synch in a few days as I lost a few Mbps on DS synch rate, gained 1dB DS SNRM at the last re-synch on 14/07 which was system activated.

anything