Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Daily Error Spikes

(1/12) > >>

kitz:
About a year or so a several of us noticed that we would see high error spikes at certain times of the day, each and every day.   Mine was always at around 10-11am   Is anyone else's line still continuing to display this behaviour?

The reason I ask, is that although my spike continues it has got a lot worse..  and for the past week on 3 occasions would have triggered DLM if I hadn't been around to notice it and reboot my router.

The usual 10-11am burst now seems to trigger CRCs and ErrSecs, but unlike previously now requires a resync to stop the errors from continuing to rack up.

Prior to last week my line had sat quite happily at 4.8dB, until on Jul 4th I noticed that it was becoming difficult to surf.  A quick look at DSLstats showed that ErrSecs were starting to rack up from 10am.    I performed a manual reboot.
Same on the 7th @ 09:56, but I noticed it sooner.
Again this morning @ 10:02 I noticed that pages were failing to load and sure enough the Err Secs had started racking up.

Without doubt on all 3 occasions if it wasn't for my prompt action, then the Errors would continue and DLM would take action the next day.

Chrysalis:
I have the same on my line kitz it seems around 9-11pm, it was usually small, but for 2 nights in a row this week it made dslstats send me alerts.  So you should be able to see it on MDWS.

kitz:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on July 09, 2017, 12:04:07 PM ---I have the same on my line kitz it seems around 9-11pm, it was usually small, but for 2 nights in a row this week it made dslstats send me alerts.  So you should be able to see it on MDWS.

--- End quote ---

So you do.   I had a suspicion that I may not be the only one, which is why I asked. I wonder what they are doing to have caused this.   
The smaller blip has always been there and the time may vary from cab to cab.  I dont know what happens at that particular time of day, but something appears to cause an increase in errors.  iirc Ive also seen some people on Huawei cabs get the slight spike too. 

NewtronStar:
You could set the Modem to auto reboot say at 10:30am each day just in case your not in to manually reboot the modem it's not ideal just a thought.

kitz:
Good suggestion NS thanks.

Unfortunately I dont seem to have that option though in my Zyxel router :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version