Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Contacting BT Chairman  (Read 7509 times)

d2d4j

• Kitizen
Contacting BT Chairman
« on: June 28, 2017, 11:55:06 PM »

Hi

I hope someone maybe able to let me know how to contact bt chairman for help in resolving a samknows issue over charges from bt which should not be charged

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

John

Iain

Re: Contacting BT Chairman
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 12:10:38 AM »

Google can find out all sorts of info. But what does Samknows have to do with it?

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:45:12 AM »

Hi

Firstly, apologies for posting thread in wrong forum section. Tapatalk is not clear and my mobile screen is hard to read, particularly when tired

I love the response, Google is my friend haha I think I will start to use that when trying to help others

I used Michael.Rake(at)bt.uk.com but think this should be bt.com, which I have just tried. It will be 5 minutes before I know if it's been delivered (we are an ESP)

I am a samknows tester, which samknows have an agreement with bt (and all providers they test,to set the bandwidth allowance to unlimited)

I am paying overage charges (now in excess of £200 and increasing)

Many thanks

John

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »

There's also this site.

http://www.ceoemail.com/
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 01:41:44 PM »

Best bet is to email the CEO of BT Consumer. You'll get a response very quickly and their team will help you out I'm sure.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 02:47:12 PM »

Hi

Many thanks, much appreciated

I'll look at ceoemail when I'm at a computer (old eyes on a small mobile), and look up for bt consumer

My email had been delivered to bt mail servers, but not heard anything as yet, so may have been ignored or classed as spam I guess. However, I will leave for a day or two before tying bt consumer

It's a hard one though, as bt accounts cannot help, and I am not sure over which department would deal with this.

Many thanks

John

Iain

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 04:15:59 PM »

John, my response earlier to try Google contained a link to BT and included the chairman's email and other contact you could have used.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 04:23:51 PM »

Hi lain

Many thanks, much appreciated

Sorry, it just looked like Google and not a link on tapatalk

Thank you all for helping, much appreciated and I will let you know the outcome

Many thanks

John

Iain

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 09:04:12 PM »

No worries, happy to help.

I used to be a Samknows tester, however I found their methods crude and not well thought through. I stopped after their video tests were increasing my usage by a huge amount each day, and were slowing down my connection by a very noticeable amount. I wanted something that would monitor my speeds, which it did for a while, these days DSLStats is a much better solution.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 07:56:59 AM »

Is there still a contact us section from within your SamKnows dashboard?

I believe Samknows have a direct contact with the correct person at BT for cases such as yours (or at least they used to) as its happened several times before.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 09:57:16 AM »

Hi kitz

Many thanks, much appreciated and an excellent idea

I had a quick look at the dashboard but unfortunately I cannot see contact us, other then email address of community@samknows

The dashboard has been changed now though, so it may have been shown in the old version

I am also guilty of not checking dashboards, samknows, dslstats mywebdsl etc. I set them up and leave running unless I have a need to check

If you remember I posted a few months a warning over been charged for bandwidth, which after a few months, the money was credited back to my account, and was told it had been resolved fully.

I am not sure what to do now, but will give time to think about, as my initial reaction now is to report this to billing and stop the payment, but take legal action over business interruption if broadband is stopped. A harsh course of action I know, so I'll think about it

I have not heard anything back from emailing bt as yet, not even a recognition of the email they received

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »

Hi

I have opened a complaint with bt business over the issue on the account for overcharges

Interestingly, if it helps others, if the amount in dispute is over 5% of the total invoice, you only pay the amount which is not in dispute until the dispute is resolved. Then you pay if the disputed amount is not upheld (terms 8.16)

Please could I ask if anyone knows if you can authorise a third party to discuss the account as the person I spoke with stated due to data protection, I cannot authorise a third party onto the account (I could authorise an employee of my company)

Many thanks

John

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 07:06:17 PM »

Its a long while since I did the SamKnows thing so I'm not sure what is available via the latest dashboard these days. I'm also not sure whats happening with their email of late, I had a few addresses but they don't appear to be monitored now :/
TBH though as one of the first testers I used to mostly correspond direct with Sam but I believe someone called Neil is in charge now, so you could try neil@ 

*I stopped uploading data after I moved from BE.   Had one of the old and original blue/black Linksys routers that was well past its best.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »

Please could I ask if anyone knows if you can authorise a third party to discuss the account as the person I spoke with stated due to data protection, I cannot authorise a third party onto the account (I could authorise an employee of my company)

I don't know about BT, but Plusnet allow such things as long as authorised by the EU first and recorded on the account.
I was authorised to speak on behalf of the EU, or change account type for several accounts that I managed.  The only thing the authorisation did not cover is if it involved taking a payment from the EU's bank account.
-----

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 07:30:32 PM »

I don't know about BT, but Plusnet allow such things as long as authorised by the EU first and recorded on the account.
I was authorised to speak on behalf of the EU, or change account type for several accounts that I managed.  The only thing the authorisation did not cover is if it involved taking a payment from the EU's bank account.

Having worked for a large telecoms company, this is true. Closing the account also is usually only possible by the account holder too.
Pages: [1] 2