Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Latency increased after router auto-resyncs

(1/2) > >>

snadge:
Hi all

My BTHH5B resyncd 2 days ago and since then my latency has increased slightly from 13ms to 21ms ... im on ECI cab with PlusNet

Anyone else noticed any differences?

I see other people on ECI cabs have been reporting 'resyncs' as if something has been changed? possibly?

My speed remains at 40MB and the Max Rate is the same at 73MB, throughput is fine... I know its a negligible difference, but it is one none-the-less as I test it almost every day

thanks

WWWombat:
An increase in latency of 8ms suggests DLM has turned on FEC & interleaving.

DLM would normally intervene because of an increase in the errors seen over 24 hours, or (less often) because of the number of resyncs seen.

PhilipD:
Hi

Latency would increase if you've gone to interleaving, do you know if you are now interleaved, or post your stats or let us know your name on MyDslWebstats if you are on there.

Otherwise the resync could have shifted you onto a different Gateway at Plusnet, sometimes these are on different areas of the network and have different latency.

Regards

Phil

snadge:
yeah 8ms difference does sound like an adjustment in Interleaving Depth

unfortunately as Im using a BTHH5B I can not get access to the stats I need, Im certain I've always had Interleaving on? but cant be sure... I certainly havent been rebooting it, its on 24/7

these are the only figures I can get from it and Im sure the Noise Margin has increased from 15db to 18db as I remember that the NM and LA where the same, now they arent
 - damn!  I miss not being able to use DSL-stats

5.   VDSL uptime:   2 days, 22:52:39
6.   Data Rate:   2000 / 39998
7.   Maximum Data Rate:   22465 / 73151
8.   Noise Margin:   20.5 / 18.8
9.   Line Attenuation:   20.7 / 15.8
10.   Signal Attenuation:   0.0 / 0.0

Chrysalis:
sadly when a few users notice something odd, there is a danger people start to assume they got the same thing.

In my case I worked out some kind of config change or maintenance occurred as the clear give away was my modem synced much higher than normal, meaning something caused several lines to resync at the same time, there was no powercut hence the conclusion me and one other person made.

In your case it just looks like a DLM change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version