Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Checking new line was wired correctly  (Read 6060 times)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: Checking new line was wired correctly
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 11:40:47 PM »

I might also ask a favour. I had my d-side changed when I had some FTTC issues a while ago and the hlog looked much better. Then I had a line fault and seemingly the engineer swapped me back to the old pair as the "dropping off the cliff" hlog reappeared.

I don't suppose anyone here would have a copy of my better hlog? I can't recall if I shared it with anyone. It was on MDWS but I didn't upload for some time and the old files got deleted :(

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Checking new line was wired correctly
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 12:00:48 AM »

. . . seemingly the engineer swapped me back to the old pair as the "dropping off the cliff" hlog reappeared.

I can remember that "dropping off the cliff" Hlog plot. The modem you were currently using did not appear to report the US values and it was in that US section of the plot that the circuit "ran out of steam". Hence a very abrupt end to the plot.

I don't suppose anyone here would have a copy of my better hlog? I can't recall if I shared it with anyone.

I don't recall seeing any other Hlog plot for your circuit. (I've had a quick check and I have nothing stored that has come from you.)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 [2]