Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Error Seconds per Day  (Read 15936 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: Error Seconds per Day
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 08:10:30 PM »

Yes, I will keep my fingers crossed for both of you.
I would not count on the 7 to 8 week delay for G.Inp application being set in stone but it certainly was the most accurate prediction for me, made by NewtronStar quite a few weeks ago when I first started posting on the issue.

I found that there are quite a number of members on this forum, Plusnet members forum and TBB forum who are still of the opinion that G.Inp will only be applied to a line when deemed necessary by DLM, ie. a line not performing well and struggling with errors, the experience with my line would certainly appear to discount this belief.

I have had some communication with Chris Pettitt today via PN members forum, he is Plusnet Build & Release Engineer and has produced some very good fibre fault & tutorial guides for the forum, he has agreed that guidance on G.Inp is definately required and has agreed to look into producing a tutorial / fault guide to compliment the existing topics.   
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »

Well nothing with your line triggered a DLM resync, nothing changed that meant G.INP was suddenly needed.
The only thing I have ever seen on the subject, officially, is that it's applied to all lines by default. That makes perfect sense to me. There's not a single line that wouldn't benefit from it.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2017, 05:28:29 PM »

Now a week on DS G.Inp and DS ES rate is flat lining apart from a 3 sec/day record on the day after application.
My US error rate was always virtually zero (contract capped at 2 mbps) so no G.Inp requirement.

Without antagonising the ECI cabinet users or the Huawei cabinet users who are still awaiting G.Inp application/re-application, G.Inp certainly makes a difference as can be readily observed on MDWS.

Not complaining but just an observation, my line DS synch. increased from 35,995 to 38,290 kbps. on the G.Inp application, DLM re-synch, however, have noted that BT WH performance test and the TBB speed tests have consistantly produced lower data speed figures since G.Inp application (was DS fast path before G.Inp) is this a product of the associated DS I/L (8 in my case) and/or INP application (47.00 in my case) and to be expected ?

Before anyone else comments, yes, some people are never happy !!

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »

Nice. Sadly those of us on eci still await the eci g.inp elusive return.... :wall: now well over 12 months since we had a taste..

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »

There's not a single line that wouldn't benefit from it.

Not everyone agrees with this, e.g. ASSIA:
Quote from: http://www.assia-inc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/DSL_Expresse_Retransmission.pdf
For a line experiencing very frequent and very brief
noise bursts, the best protection is achieved by
using FEC and interleaving

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2017, 06:48:41 PM »

have noted that BT WH performance test and the TBB speed tests have consistantly produced lower data speed figures since G.Inp application (was DS fast path before G.Inp) is this a product of the associated DS I/L (8 in my case) and/or INP application (47.00 in my case) and to be expected ?

No, no and no.

Even if you were on a Retransmission High profile with an accompanying lower percentage for the IP profile, 96.7% of 35,995 and 91% of 38,290 work out as about the same value (34.8 Mb).

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »

I appreciate that there are different views regarding G.Inp amongst this and other forums members, I personally was very keen to to have it applied even though my line probably did not need it, was running DS fast path with ES daily rate consistantly at the top end of ILQ green or the very bottom end of ILQ amber, very rarely had any US ES's recorded.
Had a very occasional "bad noise" day but these were very rare.
I certainly still prefer to have G.Inp applied as it has eliminated my recorded DS ES's completely and keeps me firmly in ILQ green state, hopefully any future impact due to "bad noise" days will also be reduced/eliminated.

Thanks for the information regarding IP profile calculation from DS synch speed, I have seen these figures before but certainly had forgotten their relevance in this context, makes sense now, initially seeing the increase in DS synch speed post G.Inp I expected to see a corresponding data throughput speed increase.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:45:07 PM by tiffy »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2017, 05:14:36 PM »

G.INP still not enabled for me. Looks like the time period is going to be very accurate...

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2017, 05:38:59 PM »

Sorry to hear that but certainly not surprised, everything about G.Inp application appears to be shrouded in mystery, a very grey area !

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2017, 11:47:45 AM »

Got G.INP enabled this morning :)

So that is 5 weeks and 6 days for me to have it enabled.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:52:26 AM by GigabitEthernet »

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2017, 12:34:16 PM »

Excellent news, DLM may be slow but it appears to eventually get there.
You actually beat my experience, 7 weeks & 1 day from VDSL C/O. to G.Inp application.

Was there any perceived trigger such as line instability prior to G.Inp application or did DLM just finally decide to apply as per my experience on 28/07/17, I have not looked at your MDWS trends,they should certainly tell a story ?

Only problem now, MDWS becomes boring to watch with the DS ES's gone and permanant green's on the ILW indicator's.

Only joking, honestly !!

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 01:01:06 PM »

Just had a look at your MDWS, from my limited experience I can't see any reason for DLM intervention other than to apply G.Inp, virtually the circumstances on my line when G.Inp was applied.
I note that your DS interleaving and INP, 8/46 are virtually the same as my line, 8/47 post G.Inp application.

Again as per my experience, you DS synch. rate has increased quite a bit, I expected to see this reflected in my DS data speed, was not the case, some of the more experienced forum members reminded me that the data throughput overheads are greater with G.Inp applied, (96.7 to 91% of DS synch. speed to line IP profile) in my case this gave exactly the same DS data rate (IP profile) before and after G.Inp..

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »

I think the approx. 91% IP profile only applies to "Retransmission High" profiles, and presumably you'll at least start on "Retransmission Low".

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 09:41:08 PM »

No, no and no.

Even if you were on a Retransmission High profile with an accompanying lower percentage for the IP profile, 96.7% of 35,995 and 91% of 38,290 work out as about the same value (34.8 Mb).

As you informed me earlier in this thread, my before and after G.Inp DS synch speed figures applied to the percentage figures you quoted gives me my current (and pre G.Inp) DS IP profile of 34.8 mbps, I was certainly willing to accept these figures with that explanation.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:44:18 PM by tiffy »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »

Had another DLM resync today and INP has been increased to 55 on the downstream.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

anything