Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: For Daily Mail Readers  (Read 3815 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
For Daily Mail Readers
« on: March 31, 2017, 07:38:37 AM »

Daily Mail articles about Openreach people

Over the next couple of months you’ll see a series of six articles about our people in the Daily Mail. These articles will explain to readers who Openreach is and what we do for the UK’s digital infrastructure.

If you battle through storms and floods to help customers; keep the network beating in the dead of night or in the remotest parts of the UK; go that extra mile in the local community or are pioneering new technology for us – then these stories are all about you and the 32,000 Openreach people who play their part every day.

There weren't enough pages to profile all of you – and so I hope you’ll find the people we've chosen are representative of what we all do. We hope this will help the public get a bit of insight into what we do. They'll get a view of our engineering excellence. Above all this will show that we really care about what matters most - keeping our customers in service.

Look out for six of our Openreach team who’ll feature in these articles from next week until mid-June. They represent us. Feel proud. I do.

Clive

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: For Daily Mail Readers
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 11:54:43 AM »

Hope they don't feature any engineers who aren't white British. Would cause uproar.

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 04:04:46 PM »

Does an Openreach van parked outside reduce the value of a house?   ;)
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »

probably will see pics of a young female engineer.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »

Leaving aside the well-deserved cracks about the Daily Mail, I think it's good that Openreach is doing this. The poor devils who work around here often have to sort mass chaos out because of lightning strikes and huge storms so all hell breaks loose all at the one time, and then the staff end up not just with a sudden giant workload but are sometimes working in the most foul conditions  too.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »

The nearer I'm hitting retirement, the harder I'm finding it to work in those "Foul conditions".
You guys up there certainly appear to get the brunt of it, and I tip my hat to the engineers who work those areas.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 12:31:28 AM »

It would be nice to see a TV series too.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 07:19:40 AM »

What a TV series about Openreach heroes? I would be glued to it, especially if it were filmed in part up here, where you get trees just snapped in two and trees uprooted, people blown into the sea and cars washed away (in 2005). And entire roads washed away into the sea, gone completely, obliterated. But the phone and electricity networks held up really well back then, power was only off for part of a day where I am, but a couple of days in the northern part of the island. And a year or so back, Mrs Weaver's posh shed was pulled apart vertically, and the top 80% of it took off up into the air and landed a short distance away, while the bottom portion of it was still left there securely bolted to the ground.

Adam86

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 06:42:41 AM »

Did these articles ever make it out onto Daily Mail?

Never noticed anything myself.

Cheers

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 07:14:43 AM »

Couldn't tell you, TBH ??? I can't remember the last time I bought a paper.  :)

phi2008

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »

probably will see pics of a young female engineer.

I spoke to an Openreach guy and he said the female engineers they got kept leaving because they didn't like the physical demands of the job - think he mentioned heavy ladders as one example. Hopefully Openreach PR will have at least one transgender engineer ... I'm sure we all don't know one ...  ???

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 03:42:56 PM »

Take it from me, you wouldn't want to fight some of the female engineers we have working for us .....   :'( ;) ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 06:10:44 PM »

I guess they pull someone from the office and dress her up for the photo shoot then. :)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »

Ha ha ..... probably.  :)

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 08:54:45 PM »

Take it from me, you wouldn't want to fight some of the female engineers we have working for us .....   :'( ;) ;D

Wrestle?

anything