Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Switch from ECI to Huawei finally complete

(1/3) > >>

j0hn:
As I'd mentioned back in February I managed to cease my line on an ECI cabinet and reactivate it on the shiny newly installed Huawei cabinet. During the downtime my E-Side pair was reused. Unfortunately my cabinet had no E-Side capacity left and OpenReach were unable to provide me a working landline. They turned on the fibre and left the order as incomplete.

It has left my line working, on fastpath, with DLM completely ignoring my line. It's also meant over 4 months with no bill from BT  ;D

I saw OpenReach finally completing the work on Saturday. I got an email from BT yesterday confirming my order was now complete. I just woke up to a resync email from MDWS and DLM has applied interleaving, horray! Roll on G.INP and hopefully a lower SNR target.

The change to Huawei gave almost identical downstream sync at 55mb, but increased my upstream from 7mb to 10mb. In the last 4 months crosstalk has gradually knocked that down to 44/8

Minted on MDWS if anyone wants to have a look. The line changed to a Huawei DSLAM on Feb 4th for anyone wishing to compare each DSLAMS hlog/qln/etc.

Chrysalis:
haha, so the DLM'less free service is now at an end, but glad you have migrated from ECI  to hauwei successfully :)

burakkucat:
I'm please to read that your migratory journey has reached a successful conclusion.  :)

Having had four months without an E-side connected, did you miss it? Would you now make use it?

NewtronStar:
Was beginning to think Openreach had forgotten about your line and good news it's now on it's way for G.INP to be applied, as for this lower SNR target margin project it seems to work well on lines that are quiet (error free) during each step down, my own conclusion is that some lines may not like it.

j0hn:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on June 14, 2017, 05:18:22 PM ---Having had four months without an E-side connected, did you miss it? Would you now make use it?

--- End quote ---
Absolutely not :) I have an AAISP supplied rj45 unfiltered faceplate. If SOGEA was available I would have ordered it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version