Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Switch from ECI to Huawei finally complete  (Read 2930 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Switch from ECI to Huawei finally complete
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:03:00 AM »

As I'd mentioned back in February I managed to cease my line on an ECI cabinet and reactivate it on the shiny newly installed Huawei cabinet. During the downtime my E-Side pair was reused. Unfortunately my cabinet had no E-Side capacity left and OpenReach were unable to provide me a working landline. They turned on the fibre and left the order as incomplete.

It has left my line working, on fastpath, with DLM completely ignoring my line. It's also meant over 4 months with no bill from BT  ;D

I saw OpenReach finally completing the work on Saturday. I got an email from BT yesterday confirming my order was now complete. I just woke up to a resync email from MDWS and DLM has applied interleaving, horray! Roll on G.INP and hopefully a lower SNR target.

The change to Huawei gave almost identical downstream sync at 55mb, but increased my upstream from 7mb to 10mb. In the last 4 months crosstalk has gradually knocked that down to 44/8

Minted on MDWS if anyone wants to have a look. The line changed to a Huawei DSLAM on Feb 4th for anyone wishing to compare each DSLAMS hlog/qln/etc.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Switch from ECI to Huawei finally complete
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:23:53 AM »

haha, so the DLM'less free service is now at an end, but glad you have migrated from ECI  to hauwei successfully :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:18:22 PM »

I'm please to read that your migratory journey has reached a successful conclusion.  :)

Having had four months without an E-side connected, did you miss it? Would you now make use it?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 05:40:47 PM »

Was beginning to think Openreach had forgotten about your line and good news it's now on it's way for G.INP to be applied, as for this lower SNR target margin project it seems to work well on lines that are quiet (error free) during each step down, my own conclusion is that some lines may not like it.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 06:32:10 PM »

Having had four months without an E-side connected, did you miss it? Would you now make use it?
Absolutely not :) I have an AAISP supplied rj45 unfiltered faceplate. If SOGEA was available I would have ordered it!

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 07:32:14 PM »

Can anyone with a fairly recently activated line tell me how long DLM took to apply G.INP to the downstream?

Line went live on the 12th, DLM applied interleaving/FEC on the 14th.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »

Mum had brand new line and service recently on huawei cab. 12 days from going live with broadband G.INP was enabled...

Service also came up already fastpath on the first sync.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 01:53:22 AM »

Glad in one respect that your order is now complete.   Shame about the DLM though.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 09:04:29 PM »

Was looking at my calendar and my prediction of G.INP to be enabled was the 29th of June or 30th of June lets see if it comes true  :-\

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 09:51:05 PM »

Was looking at my calendar and my prediction of G.INP to be enabled was the 29th of June or 30th of June lets see if it comes true  :-\
I've seen you get it right in the past, I hope you're right this time.

Nothing else with this order has gone right. I wanted to order BT TV UHD but had to wait till the order was complete. Now interleaving (and new crosstalkers) has taken me below the ridiculously high 44mb that BT require.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 10:34:22 PM »

The only thing John your cabinet may well be classed as new and can take 7 weeks for G.INP to be enabled on lines, hope this is not going to happen in your case most of my predication's are based on a line which already had G.INP and was removed due to OR DLM reset or ISP migration.

anything