Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

New profiles on ECI cabinets now live?

(1/5) > >>

DMZ:
Hi Kitz community,
I noticed not too long ago that I briefly lost connection to the internet and thought nothing of it...

...I'm surprised to see my downstream bandwidth increased from 71Mbps to 75Mbps. And my downstream being below the target of 6db. Odd this is as I was under the impression it was on for G.INP enabled Huawei cabinets.

Well I know for sure I'm on an ECI cabinet. I'm using TalkTalk's supplied HG633 which I know supports G.INP and the like but according to my HG633 no G.INP but I'm certainly on the new profile.

I'm still on fastpath and interleve depths are still 1/1. So far though so good. It's the best my line has been.

Stats from the HG633 router:

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Fast
DSL up-time:
0 days 0 hours 19 minutes 31 seconds

Anyone else on an ECI cabinet had this happen?

ejs:
From those stats, I don't think you can tell if G.INP is in use or not. ECI cabinets did G.INP with D=1 rather than D=Q like the Huawei cabinets do.

Chrysalis:
the downstream snrm is below 6db, it suggests either a possible 5db snrm target or was something at the dslam that kicked of a few users and you resynced faster than a crosstalker.

It be interesting if you can get the dslam chipset version.

Chrysalis:
ok your reply suggests an issue dslam side and that you simply resynced faster than a crosstalker. That issue may have been a temporary outage or maintenance work.

DLM resyncs are no slower than normal resyncs.

DMZ:
I rebooted my router to see if it would make a difference it's still at 5db and still have my increased downstream bandwidth. I haven't had an issue with crosstalkers either.  As it's all speculation I'm more in the belief it wasn't random chance this happened.

I'd have thunk my upstream db would have been affected too but it shares all the characteristics of the new profiles introduced.

So whatever the case it's benefited me greatly.

Quick edit;
I must be stupid or my predictive text is to blame.

Please disregard that bad wording/sentence I used in that post. I deleted it.  ???

Come to think of it the downtime was quick, the YouTube playback error came up I then pressed Try Again and it resumed.

So a few seconds, I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version