Internet > General Internet

Router was off but one did one didn't.

(1/2) > >>

renluop:
I turned everything off last night, and the router was disconnected. This morning I turned on the bedside internet radio and it tuned in. It was later that I remembered my router was off!

Obviously i had an unsecured neighbour! But one thing puzzles me. Why was my radio able to work, but not my wife's IPad?

I know, guys, will have a clear, simple explanation. So, please?

d2d4j:
Hi renluop

Most wifi devices has an option to use any detected wifi (which seems to be the default on most), or you can set the device to not use any detected wifi

It may also just be the wifi signal to the iPad was too weak for a connection

We always set wifi to use only our network or network we choose - it can be security risk if not

Many thanks

John

renluop:
though both radio and IPad were in close proximity to closely proximate recumbent positions.

tickmike:
Just reading this old post made me think about your other problems you have been having with your internet connection / DSLstats etc. are you sure you are connected to your internet connection and not your neighbors connection if you think it's an UN-secured one and does not need a 'log-on' !.

renluop:
@tickmike
AFAICS I'm on my network, as there are only 2 available networks: mine-connected secured, A Nother- secured.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version