Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FASTHOSTS EMAIL  (Read 4287 times)

BritBrat

• Kitizen
FASTHOSTS EMAIL
« on: July 23, 2017, 06:01:11 PM »

Has anyone here got a Fasthosts Email package?

I have had one for years but have now had a problem, let me try to explain it :-)

What I have done for years is to change the way my Email address is shown to the receiver of the Email.
(Example) account name me@mydomainname.co.uk, I would  change it to relate to who I was sending an Email to.
(Example MY BANK@mydomainname.co.uk and this has worked fine for years but now it will not send using a pop account or any other account as far as I know, change the email back to me@mydomainname.co.uk and it works without any other settings being changed.

I also have some accounts with1&1 and just tested this out on one of them and it works just as I want it to.

I have contacted support about it a few times but cant get any real answer to the issue.

Why do I do this?  well say my bank, I give and use the bank a email address MYBANK@mydomainname.co.uk so if I got a fishing spam email looking like my bank all I have to do is look at the email address and if it is not MYBANK@mydomainname I know it is not from them.

So if anyone here has a Fashosts account could you test this out for me, just change the part before the @ sign in the Email address section.

Thanks, Britbrat