Chat > Chit Chat

Feline Woes

(1/3) > >>

z1ts:
I'll get this in quick: I don't hate cats.

BUT I do have issues at the moment with one of the UK's feline specimens!

My issue is that next-door's cat keeps cr4ping on my grass  >:( With a resident toddler & baby, the resulting agro in the house of z1ts is ENORMOUS...

Aside from removing it forcibly (and permanently?), how do I prevent the jolly thing doing 'it' in my garden??

Some kind of repellent?  Aromatic/accoustic?

Thanks in advance!

z1ts

roseway:
I did have an ultrasonic repeller at one time, and it was effective, but after a while it went wrong and started emitting the loud audible test signal continuously, which didn't please the neighbours. My problem wasn't the cats' doings, but the fact that I encourage a lot of birds into my garden, and cats and birds don't mix.

sevenlayermuddle:
Within reason, try being nice to it.   Get to the point where it'll come over for a gentle stroke behind the ear, with a reciprocating purr

In my experience, cats like to do their business away from home.  If it sees you as part of home, however...

Be careful, though.   Being excessively nice  to the neighbour's cat is a risky business... all too easy to find you've been adopted as the cat's new 'human', and no more xmas cards from the neighbour.   :D

Ronski:
Is the grass short or long? I've noticed over the years that cats like to make use of long grass, if it's nice and short they tend to go else where.

broadstairs:
In my experience it is somewhat unusual for cats to use grass for their toilet, ours always used the flower borders and now we don't have one the cats which do visit generally do the same. Problematic when gardening I agree. We have used spray repellent which can work but needs regular application. One issue we do have is not cats but foxes (urban ones) which do cr4p everywhere. Are you sure it is cats and not urban foxes? Foxes are a problem as repellent generally does not work, the one which used to work some 20 years ago is now banned  >:(

Stuart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version