Broadband Related > ISPs

Supprised to see VM expansion around here

(1/3) > >>

Darren:
Hello everyone,

VM has been in the exchange area for yonks but never came into our village, physically it's next to streets covered already but by road it's out the way. Also full FTTC coverage came years ago so I didn't expect VM to bother expanding here. It looks like their doing the whole village with work scheduled through May 2018, I'm wondering if it's FTTP, does anyone know or can tell by looking at the roadworks site?

Their mostly generic notes with just one on Webb Avn mentioning a cabinet "1 street cabinets".

WV67YB
https://roadworks.org/

Thanks Kindly.

broadstairs:
Well all I can say is that this seems to be happening in other areas. It is happening here in Thanet and we have had FTTC for some years now. I think it can only be good as it will provide a real alternative to the FTTC which is not universally good.

Stuart

Darren:
Completely understand what your saying Stuart. Always presumed there was an unsurmountable reason it wasn't installed here, everywhere else for miles has it looking at the TBB maps. Hopefully it is FTTP and not just more copper. Although how do the packages compare between VM FTTP to VM COAX? I'm hoping the upload is a lot better on FTTP.

Ronski:
I don't think there is any difference in packages between coax and FTTP.

Darren:
Really, that's strange. More potential to in the future though I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version