Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Want FTTC - Loosing what little hair I have...!!!!

(1/7) > >>

Wirezfree:
Where do I go next...???
Long story, in short form
- Moved into a new house end Feb this year, new development that's been occupied since Dec last year.
- Ordered phone service & broadband from EE, Phone & Broadband done approx. 4 weeks later, all fine.
- Decided I wanted FTTC, called EE, said I'm to far from exchange, I said I pass the Green box & FTTC cab about 600M away.
- Tried many times to convince them the system is wrong... No Joy

Looking on BT-OR can I get fibre shows me:
- Connected to CAB55(the one I pass) However to far away to order,
- However on the map it shows me on the other side of the town.
- If I enter the house that my back garden backs onto, the last house before the new estate it shows
> Connected to CAB55, and FTTC available to order, and it shows them correctly on the map.

My address & postcode are correct, checked with council planning who submit address data to Royalmail to assign a postcode.

Finally today a bunch of BT-OR vans are on the site.
I spoke to one of the engineers, it turns out he's done most of the connections for this site.
He confirmed that I am on CAB55, and he couldn't understand why it's showing me on the other side of town.
He said there is capacity in the cab.

So how do I get EE/BT-OR to sort out me being shown in wrong place.??

burakkucat:
Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

If I have correctly understood your tale of woe, it appears to be a (relatively) simple database error. As you currently have a broadband service from EE, you need to firmly make the case that they, EE, should request for an Openreach technician to perform a "pair prove" of your circuit. Once that has been done the information so discovered will then be added to the database, thus correcting the error.

I recall that WWWombat needed to have a "pair prove" of his circuit performed, which then resulted in the correction of a "wrong cabinet" database error.

Wirezfree:
Hi burakucat,

Sorry for not making it clearer...
My neighbours are on CAB55, they can get FTTC, and they are shown correctly on the BT-OR map.
I'm also on same CAB55, but I'm shown way on the other side of the town, hence the "To Far" message.
Attached 2 pictures:
My House, showing me other side of town
My Neighbours, showing correct location

Would this "Pair Prove" address this wrong side of town issue.?

Many Thanks

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: Wirezfree on May 18, 2017, 12:39:30 AM ---Would this "Pair Prove" address this wrong side of town issue.?

--- End quote ---

It certainly would. The procedure is for the pair to be physically traced, from one end to the other. If the process is started from the MDF, in the exchange building, then it will lead the technician to your home . . . by which time it would be abundantly clear there is a database error.

Wirezfree:
Hi burakkucat,

Many Thanks...
Will give this a try tomorrow.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version