Chat > Tech Chat

Sat-Nav For The First Time.

(1/8) > >>

tickmike:
I have always used Maps and still will do  :)
 But on a 250 mile trip down to Kent in our car (not on Motorways !) to see our daughter some weeks ago we were following say A20 near Ashford then you come across a new massive roundabout then it is like the A20 does not exist  :o nothing about it at all, then you have to go miles out of your way to find the road you want to be on.
This sort of thing happened about four other places with new road junctions on the way down and back.

So I have done something I thought I would not do to buy a Sat-nav.
A Tom-Tom Go 620 with WiFi.

I will not be connecting it to my Phone which is for Emergencies only and taken photo's  ;D

Not used it in the car yet, just trying to work out how you find things or places.

One thing we all need are Toilets and when you get older you need them more often   :blush:
My wife and I also have a 'Radar Key' for access toilets.

How do you find on a 'Search' Toilets or Access toilets ?, Nothing comes up at all.

I sent an email to TomTom and they say 'Unfortunately there are no such POI's* available at the moment on any of our device'

What  :rant: :thumbdown:
*  POI's = Points Of Interest.

Bowdon:
This site might be of interest to you: https://greatbritishpublictoiletmap.rca.ac.uk

Ronski:
Now you know why you've got a smart phone,  so you can look up things whilst out and about, like toilets   ;)

I also hope you got one of the tom toms with free map updates, or you'll be in the same position in a few years unless you of course you buy an updated map.

broadstairs:
I'm still not sure I trust satnavs. Last year I was waiting for the windscreen repair folks to come out to replace my car windscreen at my home, they were late and so I went out in the front garden to see if they were nearby when I got a phone call from them asking why I was not at home  :o so I said I am where are you and they said outside my house  :o so after a while they agreed their satnav was useless they were about a mile away on the other side of town and yes they did have the correct post code  :o

So you see why I still am more keen on maps and road signs than a satnav.

Stuart

JGO:
   "So you see why I still am more keen on maps and road signs than a satnav."

It applies here too " Garbage in,  Garbage out  ! " 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version