Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

SKY ADSL & HG612

(1/6) > >>

playz28:
Hi Guys,

I have been trying for the last few days to get my HG612 working on my SKY ADSL connection.

I’ve been through this forum and sky user forums, however none of the instructions work for me.

The SR102 works fine when connected, however I cannot seem to get an internet connection with the HG612. I ultimate intend to use the HG612 in bridge mode with my Netgear Nighthawk R7800.

Since I cannot seem to get a WAN connection, I want focus on getting an internet connection before I bridge to my DD WRT R7800.

I have extracted my Sky username and password with wireshark and tried every combination of ATM & WAN settings. Nothing has worked so far.

I have flashed the HG612 with: bcm96368MVWG_fs_kernel_HG612V100R001C01B030SP08_webgui

I have attached a pdf with my modem status and basic config pages with the adsl cable plugged in directly.

Really appreciate any help you can provide.

tickmike:
Welcome to the forum. :)

Modulation type.
You could tick ADSL2+ only

Wan Connection mode: = Bridge.

Bridge Type = PPpoE_Bridged

I also used DCHP = Transparent Transmission
I also do not use Port Bindings on LAN 1 and 2 for my set up.

gt94sss2:
Have you tried using PPPoA rather than EoA under the "DSL Link type" setting?

NEXUS2345:
EoA is needed to bridge the PPP session for ADSL to a separate router. As he is planning on using a Netgear Nighthawk, it can be assumed that he wishes to forward the PPP session responsibilities to it seeing as it is the more powerful device.

Dray:
WAN connection mode is set to Route - Should be Bridge
Wan802.1q should be unticked
NAT should be unticked

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version