Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SNRM  (Read 1702 times)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
SNRM
« on: May 03, 2017, 06:13:37 PM »

Anybody have any idea why my SNRM has reduced down to 4dB when it normally sits at 6dB and has lowered my sync speed down to around 44. Attainable is still at 48 as i have not done a reboot on the modem yet.Could this be crosstalk or do I take a chance and reboot modem.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: SNRM
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »

It sounds like an increase in noise, which could be crosstalk. Rebooting the modem would probably result in an even lower connection speed. To really understand what's happening, you need to be monitoring your connection on a continuous basis. What modem are you using?
  Eric

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 06:39:08 PM »

I am using a billion 8800axl and on mdws under daveesh1. The line has always run with an increased number of ES and I am showing yellow. As far as I know apart from a damaged pavement cover next to the pcp no other work has been carried out.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »

You have some ses being thrown in as well. Looks like  cross talkers possibly. My eci line never seemed to get on well with billion modems (used a 8800nl in the past). My line suffers with rein just to add to the mix.

If you force a resync its likely your sync will fall below the current sync rate..

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »

Apart from a proper line fault around August time last year I have had no real problems and had the billion for just over 18 month's. When SNRM has dropped in the past it has always recovered with in a few hours. I have an old HG612 which is unlocked could if be worth trying that and run it for a couple of days to eliminate an issue with the billion

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »

Possibly but if you change the modem the sync will be reduced and the snr should return to 6db. Then it will settle down till more noise comes along (mine does this regularly). I would probably leave it to keep the sync up for now. If DLM resyncs it at some point then you could try the hg612 for comparison.  I changed back to my hg612 recently after being on my zxyel for probably the last year. Interested to see if its better or worse on my eci line. My loss has been from a very high 79 some time ago to now 67mb with attainable still under sync. 

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 07:43:13 PM »

Anybody have any idea why my SNRM has reduced down to 4dB when it normally sits at 6dB and has lowered my sync speed down to around 44. Attainable is still at 48 as i have not done a reboot on the modem yet.Could this be crosstalk or do I take a chance and reboot modem.

This isn't quite what MDWS says...

It sees that your attainable was 48 abut a week ago, before the last resync - but has now dropped to 44.

MDWS also shows that your SNRM rose just before your last resync, by about 1.5dB, which allowed your speed to increase from 47 to 48.
The line then ran with a normal 6dB SNRM for the next 8 hours until ... MDWS stopped getting statistics from you.

When statistics start up again, about 11 hours later, the SNRM has dropped, by the same amount again - 1.5dB.

It looks like @roseway is correct - the change in SNRM is happening because of changes to crosstalk from another subscriber. First they turned off, which allowed you to resync at a higher speed, then they turned on, which has dropped your SNRM.

ES and SES rates haven't changed much over the last couple of months.

Apart from a proper line fault around August time last year I have had no real problems and had the billion for just over 18 month's. When SNRM has dropped in the past it has always recovered with in a few hours. I have an old HG612 which is unlocked could if be worth trying that and run it for a couple of days to eliminate an issue with the billion

I'll just add a reminder that you don't need to see much in the way of "work" to suffer more crosstalk. There just needs to be a new FTTC subscriber somewhere in the neighbourhood - very much business as usual.

Don't assume that anything has gone wrong anywhere.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »

Thanks everybody for your input kind of a catch 22 really will let it run and see what happens. I am expecting a Resync soon as when it resync last time I went onto a 109. BT IP address and in the past sometime within the first seven days I have another resync and change to either a 81. or 86. IP range

anything