Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

large swings in snr (eci), resyncs etc - advice sought please

(1/9) > >>

skyeci:
Hi,

Any ideas what leads to large drops in snr... I have had 3 recent resyncs within the last 24 hours. At one point the DS snr dropped to 0.8. I have asked my ISP (sky) to do some tests and not surprisingly they said all was normal...

Thoughts about what can cause the large snr drop appreciated.

thanks

broadstairs:
This is rather like what I was experiencing for some 4 months last summer with TT and an ECI cabinet, you can see some wild swings on MDWS between May and September 2016. TT always said they cold find nothing wrong when they tested. It was never fixed - it just disappeared despite 3 BTOR visits.

Stuart

skyeci:
Thanks - I recall all the trouble you had. I have have had a lengthy open case with sky which eventually resulted in rein engineers visting . They have advised there is rein present but unable to resolve even though its affecting their network. The reason for my question was even though the line is affected by rein supposedly  it normally doesnt suffer with all these resyncs which seems to be a new thing now..

Chrysalis:
is mdws down right now? I get a blank white page.

Since I cannot load it can you confirm your US margin is going down to close to 2db snrm?

ejs:
From the posted graph, I assumed the vertical axis was 0, 4, 8, 12, 16, but the "1" digit had been cropped off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version