Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Looking for some help with my connection

(1/3) > >>

Mrbizzle:
Hi,

I have a Asus n55u router /modem btinfinity2
I used to be on a fast path connection and I'm trying to get it back there i think I'm on an eci cabinet which is located pretty close to my home
Just wondering on the best settings for the router to get me on fast path
I notice when my connection sync's above 60,000kbps i get alot more CRC errors and the interleaving value shown in DSL stats will increase have seen it at 3000ish depth
I have tried changing the snr margin in admin options to a higher value of 9 or 12 and i get a lower sync speed at first and then dlm resets and sync higher and i get alot more CRC errors plus higher interleave depth

I now have the snr set at 5db and seems to have low CRC errors...
Is there any tricks to achieving fastpath like a way to cap my sync speed to then achieve fast path?

Any help would be great

Thanks nick.

NewtronStar:
How long has your line been in this Interleaved state ?

Mrbizzle:
Not completely sure i just remember having great pings for quite along time maybe around a year seeing 8ms pings i only started looking at the router stats after we changed our kitchen and had alot of disconnects with the power so logged into the router and noticed the interleaving depth and then started reading some info about it
Not sure if that's when it changed tho kitchen is complete now but I've been changing settings on the router so probably upset dlm more but have tryed to leave modem disconnected 45mins each time so dlm doesn't flag the changes i make

WWWombat:
IIRC, ASUS router/modems don't react well on VDSL2 lines, have a tendency to trigger DLM more, and get the INP value lines wrong in the GUI printout.

As a result, I have tended to give up on diagnosing any ASUS modem, so need others to confirm what the current status is.

Mrbizzle:
What would the maximum uptime for the router without me changing settings for the dlm to settle on my connection? To see if fastpath would come back
Then if it didn't i could maybe reconnect the eci BT openreach modem i have and see if that gives me more luck?
Or what would be the optimal modem for me?

Thanks for your help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version