Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 5.9.3  (Read 7037 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 5.9.3
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »

This morning I increased graph time length to 1 hour with samples every 60 seconds.
Would adjusting either be overkill?

The time per page shouldn't matter at all. The longer the time between samples, the lower the load on the modem, but there's probably no point in making it longer than 60 seconds.

In any case, unless i notice and act there are and will be gaps in my data. I can pacel the snapshots I have and post them here. Other than SNRm, what other data would be wanted?

There's no simple answer to that, but SNRM is generally the most revealing when you have noise problems.

Since about 7:30 there have been five or so floating point errors, and about three  stopped working warnings.  I am considering running from the test socket, but that will mean a long 10 metre trailing modem or Ethernet cable across the hall and -up the stairs.

If you're going to have trailing cables, then keep the modem near the master socket and have a trailing ethernet cable.

A final thought; could the obvious nasties my system is suffering be mucking up my DSLStats experience, one feeding on the other?

It seems possible, but I don't know what the mechanism is. Are you still using a Technicolor modem/router? I would be very inclined to change it for a 'normal' Broadcom-based model, although it's a bit of a stab in the dark.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »

I know what you're saying about the modem near test socket. i was just thinking the RJ11 way would be less hassle for exclusion of the hard wired extension, just in case that were failing.

Router has been a Billion 8800Nl v1 for a while now. I still the Techniclor 582n, and thinking in reverse direction to you?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2017, 04:01:50 PM »

Depending on what firmware your 8800NL has, it may be worth upgrading it to the latest. There was another discussion on the forum today about this, and one firmware version has a known problem with an internal memory leak, which could possibly be contributing to your problems.

This is it: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,19725.msg347186.html#msg347186 . Not the same problem as yours, but possibly relevant.

[Edited to correct a typo, noticed by a sleepy moderator's eye.]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:05:43 PM by burakkucat »
  Eric

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2017, 05:41:27 PM »

I have a 8800nl v1 on the latest firmware and using a pi3 with dsl stats 5.9.3 .Its been up for 4 days since I installed it with no problems so far apart from the alerts. It is used in bridge mode. User id btmaxcd on mydslwebstats.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:51:39 PM by skyeci »

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2017, 06:21:38 PM »

My firmware
2.32d.dh14
New
2.32e.dh4.afw apparently, mentioned in Billion Forums.

@skyeci Is that what you have?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything