Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

BT Round My Way

(1/3) > >>

stevebrass:
Attached two pics of recent work around here. First shows the PCP has gained a Pod and second shows the new DSLAM that has been recently installed.

Is the old DSLAM an ECI and the new a Huawei?

skyeci:
yup!

j0hn:
It's exactly that. It's exactly what happened at my ECI cabinet. The "pod" on the PCP is for the tie cables for the shiny new 288 line Huawei DSLAM. In the past your PCP would have got a 2nd ECI cabinet but OpenReach are no longer deploying ECI cabinets. I managed to get my line moved over to the new Huawei.

NewtronStar:
And still John has not seen any G.INP on his line since the move from ECI to Huawei cabinet and the errored seconds tell us he needs G.INP,  it is almost like his circuit still thinks it's connected to the ECI cabinet without any DLM being present very odd indeed.

WWWombat:

--- Quote from: NewtronStar on April 18, 2017, 05:31:11 PM ---it is almost like his circuit still thinks it's connected to the ECI cabinet without any DLM being present very odd indeed.

--- End quote ---

Good idea that. Certainly plausible that DLM works in such a way that this data sticks, or worse, it cannot distinguish between the two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version