Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Weekend was not good for me

(1/13) > >>

renluop:
weekend not good! Read attachment, please.

kitz:
Have you tried a Quiet Line test?

Your QLN shows a few noise spikes at tone 190+
Your upstream SNRm is suffering the most...  usual culprits are internal wiring, faulty filters or a High Open.

The graphs shows signs not dissimilar to a HR fault.  Especially if the landline had rung or was in use at around 10:50.  The slow decline and then back up could be side effect of the whetting current.   Noise ingress on internal wiring could also display something similar though.

renluop:
quickie
whetting current? not a term I've heard of. :-[

renluop:
I looked it up this morning and now know what it is: whether I really understand is doubtful.
Quiet line tests are a bit of a problem: I hearing aids! I'll rake out my corded, but I'll still have that problem. There is no obvious noise, when using the cordless on full volume.

We did have a call, commencing 10:36 on 15th. As it was from my wife's brother, It would have been somewhat lengthy!

The previous owner had a hard wired extension through the cavity, vertically direct from the master socket to the room above, so no splitters et al.

renluop:
I viewed the tone graph, FWIW, and found the spikes are at 192 , 211 and 244 (828, 909.9375 and 1056.5625 kHz). Is there anything significant about those? They seem to be pretty permanent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version