Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?  (Read 113754 times)

Zico

• Reg Member
Re: Virgin Media coming to Thanet?
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »

Had a few fun days with a VM cabinet issue at work. Thankfully things went well and in the end everybody was happy (I think).

Come on VM, put a fibre cab outside my house, I would love you for it  :D

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »

No point in making another thread VM coming to Bangor N.I which it has as shown on the Map outlined in red and my village marked by the blue X, was wondering if Zico had any info whether VM plan to install this in my area and have placed a interest on their Web Site.

If VM have duct down the B20 they'll very likely build to that area. If they don't and the fibre path is going down the B20 could also be good. No reason why they wouldn't take that route as long as the costs aren't significantly different from taking the A2 all the way. Sometimes taking 'B' roads is less disruptive than A roads. On the flip side they may also have narrow or congested pavements requiring the narrow trench to go into the carriageway a lot which quickly gets expensive.

I have no idea if you can monitor roadworks but keep an eye on them if possible. They have to get fibre from Belfast to Bangor somehow and will certainly be taking in Holywood if they haven't already built there. If they do Helen's Bay you're in luck I think.

This village built outside Leeds might give you some hope. If they are going through villages they can and do build to them - makes a few quid off the long trek in between population centres.

[attachment deleted by admin]

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »

All the VM work has come to a end on the B20 route for this year 2017 and WEB roadworks info is very limited here, Will be keeping a keen eye for any more VM action in the new year.

I agree if they do Helen's Bay it's looking good and I'm not looking for the high end rate of 300Mbps 70-80Mbps would do me just fine and can't see away for Openreach to build a FTTC & PCP cabinet closer to my premises in the next 15 years.

hornet156

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2018, 06:25:28 PM »

so do we have any go live dates for broadstairs yet ?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2018, 07:16:42 PM »

Not that I'm aware of, and the two hub cabinets I've passed recently (St George's and Pysons Rd) haven't been installed yet. So very unlikely to be in January.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Zico

• Reg Member
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2018, 08:49:57 PM »

Work should be starting back up after the holiday break.

Busy, busy, busy!

hornet156

« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2018, 06:11:37 PM »

so any news on when we can sign up ive just noticed my bt deal runs out on the 28th of feb so not sure what to do as its going to jump up quite a bit in price after that

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2018, 06:55:08 PM »

I've not heard anything, and our hub cabinet opposite the Harvester has not yet been installed, once that goes in it should be around 4 to 5 weeks I think.

hornet156

« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2018, 08:01:27 PM »

o right well hopefully not to long then
also to all the emergency services workers out there if you sign up for the blue light card wich is £5 for 5 years virgin have some good offers. full house bundle vivid 200 for £51 a month it should be £75

seaside dissident

• Just arrived
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2018, 09:08:48 PM »

Just joining in the thread to stay informed.

Patiently waiting for a work crew to arrive on the Eastern Esplanade.

Will be ordering as soon as it's live!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »

I've not heard anything, and our hub cabinet opposite the Harvester has not yet been installed, once that goes in it should be around 4 to 5 weeks I think.
Drove past these cabinets a couple of days or so ago and they already have graffiti on them so now the are gray embellished with black tags  ::)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »

The hub cabinet has been installed in Pysons Road, so looks like it's getting closer for that area.

Don't think my hub cabinet  outside the Asda superstore has yet been installed though :-( Although haven't been past that way for a few weeks.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2018, 10:19:45 AM »

Don't think my hub cabinet  outside the Asda superstore has yet been installed though :-( Although haven't been past that way for a few weeks.

That's the ones I was talking about by the ASDA roundabout opposite KFC and The David Copperfield (Harvester) both now covered in graffiti.

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2018, 01:21:41 PM »

So the yellow cover has gone, and there's now a large cabinet instead? As I think there was some small cabinets there as well.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2018, 05:01:16 PM »

So the yellow cover has gone, and there's now a large cabinet instead? As I think there was some small cabinets there as well.

Yup if I remember correctly there is a large grey cabinet and a small grey one next to it.

Stuart
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30