Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How long should I expect to be banded for?  (Read 13849 times)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
How long should I expect to be banded for?
« on: April 09, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »

I had a line issue back in February 2017 which resulted in lots of drops and my FTTC line was (as far as I understand), banded. The issue has been resolved and I have had a period of 30+ days connection and I'm still banded.

How long do I need to stay connected for for the banding to be removed? Is it more a total time? How does it work?

I am GbEth on MDWS but I've only just recently started uploading again.

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
Re: How long should I expect to be banded for?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »

I am interested in this too. I was banded within the first few days of going live but engineer came and did a soft reset which removed the banding and G.INP. But I notice you have a lot of ES on your upstream, maybe that is why and US sync pretty low.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

peterj

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 10:35:45 PM »

I have been banded for 10 months now with v low errors and stable sync. I am not sure once applied DLM lifts banding.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »

I too am banded and have been since August 2016. According to my ISP's technical department I will stay that way until my line goes to Green status (check your status in MDWS) for an extended period or they agree to get a BTOR engineer out to reset it and they wont in my case do that, they have point blank refused as they say the attainable speed is not much above my banded speed. My only hope is that when/if G.INP is re-instated on ECI cabinets and my attainable goes back to where it was prior to G.INP was removed (over 71000kbps). I was banded to try to resolve an issue which it did not fix but that makes no difference and I'm stuck.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Sheepie

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »

all depends on your ISP

I was banded for 2 months, my ISP (zen) agreed it was banded and got OR to visit and DLM reset at no cost.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 11:19:40 PM »

Banding is extremely hard to get rid of.   Weve seen people stuck on it for months.   
Getting an engineer to do a full DLM reset appears to be about the only successful way of clearing it.

Ive only had a quick look at your stats but I notice you are showing amber for upstream for the profile which your ISP uses.   
Also there doesn't seem to be much surplus SNRM atm to give you that much more speed. In fact your daily swing goes between 5.3 & 6.3 so nothing much to play with :(
G.INP is active and INP & Interleave aren't on so its not as problematic as it would be for someone on an ECI cab.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »

Kitz, my DS SNRM is currently at 12dB...

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 12:42:37 AM »

oops sorry, my bad.   I looked at the graph on MDWS and you can see why I made that mistake. :doh:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

nivek1612

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »

Just joined the banded club after a faulty modem caused several re-sync while I was away and could not rectify.

Problems now solved an my line is pretty clean and  I'm now sat at 43998 Down whilst my attainable is 54MB approx. SNRM = 9.6db

I'm guessing from all the posts on this forum that I'm going to be suffering this fate for some time

Has anyone actually had theit banding removed by DLM and not needed an Engineer visit ?

Life is what happens while you're making plans

OPNsense  18.7.* on Qotom  i5-5250U with Zen FTTC 80/20

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 07:28:44 PM »

Just joined the banded club after a faulty modem caused several re-sync while I was away and could not rectify.

Problems now solved an my line is pretty clean and  I'm now sat at 43998 Down whilst my attainable is 54MB approx. SNRM = 9.6db

I'm guessing from all the posts on this forum that I'm going to be suffering this fate for some time

Has anyone actually had theit banding removed by DLM and not needed an Engineer visit ?

Short answer is no. The vast majority are stuck on banding forever, or until an engineer does a full DLM reset.

nivek1612

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 07:55:51 AM »

Had a BTO visit - thank you Zen

Problem removed back to 55MB sync
Life is what happens while you're making plans

OPNsense  18.7.* on Qotom  i5-5250U with Zen FTTC 80/20

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 11:21:24 AM »

Had a BTO visit - thank you Zen

Problem removed back to 55MB sync

Did the engineer have to visit your house? What did they do?

I wonder if I can get TalkTalk to do a DLM reset for our line.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 11:25:51 AM »

I wonder if I can get TalkTalk to do a DLM reset for our line.

My experience of TalkTalk is that they are not interested unless your attainable is significantly above the cap and your SNRM has enough in it to cope. Also they say unless your stats show green for both U/S and D/S they are unlikely to comply.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »

We've opened a request on the TalkTalk Community forum anyway - hopefully we might get a response at least.

Just a thought but I'm assuming going to the slower FTTC product (up to 38Mbps), won't undo the banding?

peterj

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 06:44:02 PM »

We've opened a request on the TalkTalk Community forum anyway - hopefully we might get a response at least.

Just a thought but I'm assuming going to the slower FTTC product (up to 38Mbps), won't undo the banding?
I tried the same. They basically told me as long as line was within operating tolerance they won't raise a fault even though the banding was clearly unnesecary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4