Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Another FTTC Cabinet Question  (Read 1119 times)

AuThoDoX

• Just arrived
Another FTTC Cabinet Question
« on: April 07, 2017, 12:09:17 PM »

Apologies for another question regarding a new FTTC cabinet which has been installed, which will be servicing me.

According to the Openreach site, it is currently on the 'Connect' stage, which it has been for a while now. I noticed someone talking about using the Roadworks.org site to check for any upcoming works from BT and noticed some work is due on 21st - 27th April. I've attached a screenshot from the roadworks site which explains a bit about the work they will be doing - I was hoping that someone could tell me how much work is realistically left. Is it almost ready for me to order Fibre broadband.

Thanks in advance  ;D

lee111s

• Reg Member
Re: Another FTTC Cabinet Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »

Impossible to answer.

Could still be waiting for fibre, which could require a lot of duct clearing/replacment. Could run into issues connection the power etc etc

AuThoDoX

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 12:56:33 PM »

Thanks for your reply! I did kind of think the information could be a little vague.

I have emailed Openreach in the past, who said they are looking to complete all works by end of April - but this information I pulled from the roadworks site is something relatively new (as in it wasn't mentioned on their site when I was speaking with Openreach) - So kinda still hoping completion is scheduled by end of the month.

lee111s

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »

Not impossible.

If the fibre and tie pairs are already connected, it could be very quickly after power is connected if there's a commisioning engineer available to do the required testing.