Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DLM Banding  (Read 1808 times)

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
DLM Banding
« on: April 06, 2017, 08:09:00 PM »

During my first few days of FTTC I noticed my sync not getting past 44m, then today G.INP kicked in and my SNR went to 11db but sync stayed at 44 even after a reboot. Does DLM remove banding automatically or does OR engineer need to reset DLM as has been done today on my line, now at 47m sync 6db no G.INP.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: DLM Banding
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »

Doesnt look banded to me. You need to wait for g.inp to kick in so best to leave alone. You should pick up some sync. My friends took a week to return but its a waiting game. Poor minted still doesnt have it after cab swap from eci to huawei.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:04:46 PM by skyeci »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:49:38 PM »

The banding will not be removed if the engineer performs a non DLM open profile reset which moves you off G.INP or Interleaving and onto Fastpath from what I can see it looks like a soft DLM reset was performed to-day and it will be upto the DLM to remove any banding.

You said you have engineers coming tomorrow to fix your UG feed once that is done then a close eye on your attainable & sync is required

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »

The banding will not be removed if the engineer performs a non DLM open profile reset which moves you off G.INP or Interleaving and onto Fastpath from what I can see it looks like a soft DLM reset was performed to-day and it will be upto the DLM to remove any banding.

You said you have engineers coming tomorrow to fix your UG feed once that is done then a close eye on your attainable & sync is required

Interleaving seems to still be on but sync has gone up to 47.

Engineers are going to "have a go" at pulling a new cable through tomorrow if not successful it will mean digging up the drive. Not sure when the street cable will be done again if duct is blocked it will need to be dug up.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »

Interleaving seems to still be on but sync has gone up to 47.
Engineers are going to "have a go" at pulling a new cable through tomorrow if not successful it will mean digging up the drive.

You went from interleaving and then G.INP was applied at 05.53 then OR did a soft DLM reset at 12:33 and your Interleaved, no point in giving you the full DLM reset until work is completed tomorrow

anything