Announcements > News Articles

For Daily Mail Readers

(1/3) > >>

Black Sheep:
Daily Mail articles about Openreach people

Over the next couple of months you’ll see a series of six articles about our people in the Daily Mail. These articles will explain to readers who Openreach is and what we do for the UK’s digital infrastructure.

If you battle through storms and floods to help customers; keep the network beating in the dead of night or in the remotest parts of the UK; go that extra mile in the local community or are pioneering new technology for us – then these stories are all about you and the 32,000 Openreach people who play their part every day.

There weren't enough pages to profile all of you – and so I hope you’ll find the people we've chosen are representative of what we all do. We hope this will help the public get a bit of insight into what we do. They'll get a view of our engineering excellence. Above all this will show that we really care about what matters most - keeping our customers in service.

Look out for six of our Openreach team who’ll feature in these articles from next week until mid-June. They represent us. Feel proud. I do.

Clive

niemand:
Hope they don't feature any engineers who aren't white British. Would cause uproar.

4candles:
Does an Openreach van parked outside reduce the value of a house?   ;)

Chrysalis:
probably will see pics of a young female engineer.

Weaver:
Leaving aside the well-deserved cracks about the Daily Mail, I think it's good that Openreach is doing this. The poor devils who work around here often have to sort mass chaos out because of lightning strikes and huge storms so all hell breaks loose all at the one time, and then the staff end up not just with a sudden giant workload but are sometimes working in the most foul conditions  too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version