Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How to do on-line ordering....Not !  (Read 1580 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
How to do on-line ordering....Not !
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:09:53 AM »

I have been trying to send an email order to a local 'Motor factors' and keep getting 'Mail undelivered'
Seems a very good way not to get business.  :(
Your message to sales@xxxuk.com couldn't be delivered. (Firms name removed).
The group sales only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list.
Office 365
How to Fix It
It appears you aren't in the same organization as the group (or a sub-group) you're sending to or your email address isn't on the group's allowed senders list. Ask the owner of the group to grant you permission to send to it, and then try again
Etc Etc, there is about two pages of it !.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: How to do on-line ordering....Not !
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:44:24 AM »

Clowns.

Guess what - "well, we've had no complaints".

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »

;D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 03:59:04 PM »

Is it possible they are trying to enforce a 'trade only' policy?

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »

Clowns.

Guess what - "well, we've had no complaints".

Accountant: " Your business is not progressing as it should. You need to make economies. Email is expensive for the use it gets. Suggest you do without it".

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 08:30:59 PM »

I have had the "we've had no complaints" thing - when I have complained to hotels about their broken websites.

One bunch of fools had a ridiculous splash page (remember them from 1996) with a link in it saying 'Enter site' or similar (and me thinking I already had done so) but the joke was that the link wasn't visible because of some brokenness or other (memory fades) so the only way to find out where to go was to inspect the HTML tag soup source. Despite all this I did actually want to go to that hotel having been before and it was excellent. Just not listed on Google and them probably wondering why.

A local former customer of mine thought he had been sold a website by some local scumbag, but it was actually a corner of the guy's own site with a frames-based trick to make it look like an independent site. Google refused to list this piece of garbage. When I enlightened the customer he was not best please and thought about action using either my learned friends or a large pointy stick. But the victim had 'had no complaints'. Many locals were getting ripped off all the time by sharks circling the island. Unfortunately there's no one to look out for their interests now. And they never could afford me anyway, almost all thought that winging it was always the best policy or simply had no idea of the risks they were exposing themselves to.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »

Is it possible they are trying to enforce a 'trade only' policy?
It's open to the public.

anything