Broadband Related > ISPs

Single thread download performance

(1/2) > >>

banger:
Signed up with Uno on a TTB Fibre Pro 80/20 package. Only getting 47/12 but I can max out the line with a multiple thread download but single thread downloads seem to come in at 28mbps, tried several test sites but most the same.

Any ideas on how to solve this. I cant seem to get chrome (Cent) to do multi-thread downloads like Edge or Firefox Down them all?

skyeci:
why have you signed up for 80/20 though? - your line is only synced at 46mb with max attainable at 47mb - seems like you would have been better off with a lower speed product perhaps? - 55/10 maybe?

what estimated speeds where you offered out of interest?

perhaps you will see some increase with g.inp and or lower snr profile at some point as you are on huawei cab....

banger:

--- Quote from: skyeci on March 27, 2017, 10:04:40 PM ---why have you signed up for 80/20 though? - your line is only synced at 46mb with max attainable at 47mb - seems like you would have been better off with a lower speed product perhaps? - 55/10 maybe?

what estimated speeds where you offered out of interest?

perhaps you will see some increase with g.inp and or lower snr profile at some point as you are on huawei cab....

--- End quote ---

I have asked Uno to downgrade me to 40/10 but he wont as I am under contract and Openreach wont downgrade the line. The checker shows 80/20 non impacted and 74.6/41.8 on impacted line. Uno say I am withing spec for an impacted line. I am not happy about it either. Wish my target was 3db so might get some extra speed. But single thread performance is poor too.

banger:
My line has failed extended tests. So Uno have referred to Openreach to look at the network.

Chrysalis:
A quick way to tell (well not super quick as you have to wait for the times of the day), is to test at off peak and peak, if performance is consistently good off peak but drops at peak then its an isp issue, if its consistent then the problem is likely the client side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version