Internet > Web Hosting & Web Design

Good support experience with Vidahost

(1/1)

BigJ:
Thought I'd share my recent experience with Vidahost and A.N.Other hosting company. My domains are coming up for renewal and I thought I'd try a different company for no real reason; I don't do anything particular important with them so no dramas if there are problems.

So I begin the transfer to A.N.Other but for one of my domains, I enter the wrong receiving account name. Entirely my fault I admit :-[. 7 days later after two telephone calls and an email, "complete this form and post it with a photocopy of I.D.". Hmm, by the time I can make a copy, post it off, letter gets to the right person and processed, it'll probably be close to 14 day.

So via Nominet I sort the domain out and switch both my domains to Vidahost. I had a bit of snag as it wasn't clear which nameservers are used by selecting "default nameservers". Within 30mins I had two responses, using the ticket system, and my domains were accessible by the world. Night and day difference! For information,

--- Quote ---If you wish to manage your DNS settings for the domain through our client area, then the nameservers should be changed to:
- ns1.vhdns.net
- ns2.vhdns.net
These should be the default nameservers.

If you want to point your domain name to our Cloud environment, the nameservers that need to be used are:
- ns1.vidacloud.co.uk
- ns2.vidacloud.co.uk
- ns3.vidacloud.co.uk

Finally, if you want to point a domain to our cPanel environment, just use the below nameservers:
- ns1.vidahost.com
- ns2.vidahost.com
- ns3.vidahost.com
--- End quote ---

Weaver:
Tips based on personal experience are always very greatly welcomed. And we have Kitz as a user too of course.

BigJ:
Thanks weaver. Indeed it was Kitz's recommendation that took me to Vidahost. Personal recommendations can really help with narrowing the choices down in the vast sea of options.

kitz:
Glad things went well.  :)  I've always found vidahost support 2nd to none.

However that said I am wary that they have grown a heck of a lot over the past few years and have had to take on a lot of new staff and merged with TSO. 
Once upon a time I knew them all by first name and it was all one small team.   I don't say as much now due to me having my own server and access to 24/7 support, so Im not in a position to say what the staff are like on the shared hosting side of things.  From what Ive seen though most tickets seem to be resolved within 1/2hr. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version