Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

what happens when migrating ADSL to Fibre

(1/4) > >>

Sheepie:
what should BT Openreach do when somebody migrates from ADSL LLU to Fibre?

The reason I ask - I was meant to have been migrated today from TalkTalk LLU ADSL to FTTC. I got an email saying it was now "live" but the phone was dead and obviously no DSL.

Talk Talk wanted me to try different routers, different microfilters etc etc no idea why I told them the line was dead. Anyway I decided to call my own number and it got answered by some old lady in an assisted living property around the corner. Apparently she also needs a landline for panic button (in case of fall) and that does not work while she is connected to my number!

I am now going to have to wait 3 days for an engineer :( all because some openreach guy can't do his job.

Why did he have to repatch me at the cab in the first place? I would have thought that (and it's a complete guess) he would have repatched at the exchange to move me off ADSL and then patched me to a spare FTTC at the cab. Not touching the existing landline route in anyway?

Black Sheep:
It sounds like the engineer has accidentally crossed your line with your neighbour. It happens, people make mistakes ....... apparently only one guy didn't and the put him on a cross.

When migrating from ADSL to FTTC, the ONLY work that needs doing by OR, is at the Cab. Nothing needs to be done at the Exchange whatsoever. It is a simple case of the guy/gal got it wrong at the Cab.

Ronski:
It happened to my brother once, his and a near neighbours got switched around - it made for some confused calls to start with. When you consider how many lines are in a cab it's not surprising a few get crossed.

Sheepie:
OK thanks for the clarification.

people make mistakes, fair enough, but 3 days to fix the mistake is not good. This poor old lady is going to get calls she has no idea about. When I called her (my number!) she actually thought I was her son, it took me quite a while to convince her that I lived around the corner and she had my number. 

In the good old days, BT would have been on this within hours. Now I have to wait 3 days - and be at home for half the day or they may charge me :( I have better things to do than wait at home half a day because someone else made a mistake.

Black Sheep:
Absolutely ^^^. The engineer will now receive an ELF (Early Life Failure) against him, as someone will have to go back and remedy the situation.

ELF's and Repeat Reports (RR's) ..... are 2 of the 4 big metrics we are measured on ...... Quality, Productivity, ELF's and RR's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version