Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy On8  (Read 4053 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Samsung Galaxy On8
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:05:35 PM »

Looks a phone that many would like, but sadly is only released in asia.

I am not a fan on the new flagships emphasis on so called premium looking phones, glass plated casing that is fully sealed and using cheap flimsy plastic trays to insert sims and sd cards.

Yesterday I had a 128 gig sdcard delivered which worked in my PC and my older S5 phone (which has removable back cover and proper sd card slot), but wouldnt work in my S7, I noticed it wasnt staying flush in the sdcard plastic tray.  Got a new card today (and sent old back) which does work, and I am assuming the old card wasnt faulty as such but just slightly too small to not fit in the plastic tray properly whilst this one has a very tight fit.  The leather back on the S5, removable back cover, sim and sd card slots feel so much more better quality to me than these new weird super slim phones with slippery shiny casing and flimsy card trays.  Ironically my oldest smartphone a budget samsung galaxy ace has the best build quality out of the lot.

The Samsung Galaxy On8 has 3 gig of ram, octacore processor, removable battery, 1080p screen but is still AMOLED and I think 1080p is plenty for a phone.  Is under £100 but asia only.  Ironically it also has a FM radio which is omitted on all the new samsung flagship phones.

Shame how the market has gone. :(