Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Plusnet fined £880,000 for billing former customers  (Read 4424 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Plusnet fined £880,000 for billing former customers
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 08:00:18 PM »

Did Kitz leave PlusNet in the end?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 08:02:50 PM »

according to MDWS no.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 08:15:03 PM »

I'm not sure I agree with the idea of fining companies like this.  Seems to me than Plusnet will now have an £880k hole in its accounts.   It will need to try and find a way of filling that hole, which will ultimately most likely be filled from its customers pockets, have they any other income source?

Or put another way, to make up for  Plusnet's  bad behavior, Plusnet's customers will have to pay an additional £880k pounds, which will be given to HM treasury. ???

What am I missing?

That their parent has very large and pockets. Slightly ironic though as I think one of the main reasons they were purchased back in 2007 was as their back office systems were at that time so much "better" than BT's

ideally the fine would have conditions attached such as preventing price rises after to compensate or taken from shares but we not going to see that in a capitalist economy.

In Thames Water's case the fine is going to be borne by 'shareholders only' not customers - TW were keen to stress this in the media after the judgement  - especially as the price they can charge and their CapEx are effectively controlled by OFWAT who were 'not amused' as the saying goes

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 08:57:08 PM »

Did Kitz leave PlusNet in the end?

No.

One alternate supplier being considered was Vodafone. Then N*Star migrated to Vodafone, at the end of last year, and discovered that they do not provide the credentials to allow usage of the modem/router of the user's choice. He also discovered that the service was totally unreliable . . .
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

insidejob

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 02:02:26 AM »

I have no sympathy for Plusnet as they should start being more competent. Do expect your phone and broadband prices to rise due to this.

At the end of the day, It will be plusnets customers who will pay for this cockup.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 12:08:42 AM »

> At the end of the day, It will be plusnets customers who will pay for this cockup.

Not if they leave first. No, wait -

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »

Then N*Star migrated to Vodafone, at the end of last year, and discovered that they do not provide the credentials to allow usage of the modem/router of the user's choice. He also discovered that the service was totally unreliable . . .

It all seems like a bad dream now and nearly a month on since leaving Vodafone have had a few explainable re-syncs, but if I had stayed with VF the total re-syncs in 27 days would be as a average 351 that was doing my head in.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 11:46:30 PM »

No.

One alternate supplier being considered was Vodafone. Then N*Star migrated to Vodafone, at the end of last year, and discovered that they do not provide the credentials to allow usage of the modem/router of the user's choice. He also discovered that the service was totally unreliable . . .

I'd decided way before then that they werent for me (link /link).   The modem/router issue was one reason.  The current state of my line was another (Standard DLM profile v speed and the amount of my err secs mean that I'd be perm interleaved).  Finally there was an issue with my billing which I was waiting to be resolved.... after which I was looking at going to Origin. However personal circumstances changed my priorities and tbh its not something Ive had chance to do.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything