Announcements > News Articles

Plusnet fined £880,000 for billing former customers

(1/5) > >>

ejs:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/plusnet-fined

--- Quote ---Plusnet, a BT owned company, has today been fined £880,000 by Ofcom for continuing to bill more than a thousand ex-customers.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---1,025 customers who had cancelled either their landline or broadband service continued to be billed, meaning they were overcharged by more than £500,000 in total.
--- End quote ---

Weaver:
Ouch.

Cheeky beggars. Was it just a cock-up, or naughtiness?

Chrysalis:
Plusnet has a lot of backend issues, which I personally believe to be due to having noone employed to maintain it, its probably never been deemed important enough to spend money to fix.

Now we will see if a 880k fine is big enough to change their priorities. Given that 500k is what is supposedly the amount gained from the problem, and I think a fine should be 10x the amount, my initial feeling is 880k is way too small of a fine and it should have been nearer 5 million.

ejs:
An average of £500 per customer, but the article said Plusnet only managed to refund less than half of the affected customers. Does that mean there are quite a lot of people who didn't notice that they were still being billed, or didn't think it was incorrect?

Ronski:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on March 22, 2017, 12:00:40 PM ---Plusnet has a lot of backend issues,.

--- End quote ---

I think their backend system is very antiquated, and they've never had the nerve to update it, I  think it's caused a lot of problems over the years and is not flexible at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version