Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Major Power Outage in Leicester - Effects on Circuit

(1/12) > >>

Chrysalis:
[Moderator note: This new thread has been created by splitting off the posts from the MDWS "support" thread.]

my line just lost its 200 day uptime and may go down again major power cut east midlands 45k properties

Chrysalis:
is up full 80 sync low snrm if errors are ok ill leave it but we had tons of brownouts lately as well so may get a ups or two

Chrysalis:
for wombat and anyone else who takes an interest in quiet line data, its interesting comparing my current (when I synced before others) to my last quiet line data, quite a big difference.  It looks like at just under 3db snrm I am heading for 400-500 ES a day.  It may stay under 400 but I think it wont. I was in the 250-300 range as an average with my 4.9db snrm.

Also my power output on both US and DS is lower which is telling on my lower US attainable, but my US power varies with every sync event anyway, seems to be calculated live depending on the noise situation at the time of sync.  However I think usually my DS power is stable.

burakkucat:
From the BBC --

Leicester Substation Fire Leaves Thousands Without Power.

Chrysalis:
the guy on the phone was talking to me pretty much live.

I had my power back in 10 mins, and he said in that time 22k properties had it restored.  By the end of the phone call it was down to 15k still affected. Given how quick they were recovering it I would be surprised if its still in the 1000s right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version