Chat > Chit Chat

G.Fast

(1/2) > >>

Weaver:
Is it alright if I get 3Mbps before you get 300Mbps? Please.

Black Sheep:
Only if you move to a terraced street in Salford, and I'll have your vista.  ;) :)

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: Black Sheep on March 21, 2017, 07:22:11 PM ---Only if you move to a terraced street in Salford, and I'll have your vista.  ;) :)

--- End quote ---

I can just imagine you, in Weaver's current environment, up on the roof looking into the possibility of a LOS microwave link direct from the Broadford exchange roof . . .  :D

Black Sheep:
Ha ha ......... I have to admit (Ssh, don't tell Weaver  ;)), but once you experience a good FTTC connection rate, going backwards would feel hellish !!! :-X

I can use the extra bandwidth to project a 'Virtual vista' instead. <snigger snigger>.  ;D

Weaver:
@BlackSheep - sorry no deal, my friend. And I have two Vistas. (Actually I'm on Win7 now.)

But you can come and stay foc, just bring a big, fat, long reel of single-mode with you.

@Burakkucat - no line of sight. Been musing on that for a long time, would take at least two intermediate nodes to keep the height of structures down, as there is high ground to the north of us and the ground rises, then there is a relatively flat half mile if moor until you start to head downhill at the Fireach Clach (the hill of stones). Getting power to los dishes would be a pain. I wonder what they are like in heavy precipitation.

Sabhal Mór Ostaig, smo.uhi.ac.uk, where I was a student, uses (or used to) use a big fat microwave link on a tall mast pointing at the mainland (somewhere on the moor above Ŕrasaig) for their internet pipe, including all telephony. Don't know if they still do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version