Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

"Temporary" Line

(1/3) > >>

nallar:
Temporary line

--- End quote ---

Bonus: hoist doesn't reach pole

Trying to get two lines installed. We still don't have any working lines - the temporary line "isn't in TAGS so can't be activated". Only 9 engineer/contractor visits so far.

Thanks openreach :)

Black Sheep:
Need more info that that. There's umpteen reasons why we (Openreach) do as we do, mainly for safety reasons that Joe Public have no idea whatsoever about.

What might 'seem' like a simple solution to you, might mean death or serious injury to an engineer, or other members of the general public should the rules be flouted ??!!.

If you have a temporary solution, then just sit back and let them that know get on with it.

nallar:
The temporary line was installed but can't be used - it's "not showing on TAGs" so it can't actually be used.

I 100% agree that engineers should not be climbing a rotted pole that's been there since 1933 - I don't want them to get hurt and that's reasonable.

However openreach shouldn't have kept sending out engineers who then say they can't climb the pole and leave. That's wasting engineer time and my time.

Black Sheep:
I have no idea what TAG's is ?? After over 30yrs with the company I can honestly say I've never seen the acronym before ?? We have TSG which is 'Temporary Service Given' ??

Trying to sort the wheat from the chaff here, but if something isn't 'showing' on a computer system somewhere it matters not a jot to providing temporary service ??. This is simply performed manually by connecting the temporary wire to the pole-bottom joint where your dial tone exists, as opposed to the final solution which will be to connect it to the top of the pole where the dial tone will eventually end up.

It's as clear as mud atm, I'm afraid ??

nallar:
I don't understand either - just going with what my A&A contact was told by openreach.

I have a dial tone and can get the prerecorded A&A DSL only line no voice service message. DSL trains, but PPPoE doesn't work. A&A say that openreach say that this is due to the temporary line not being in TAGs. I can't tell you what that means.

The other line with sky hasn't been installed at all. That order was placed december last year.  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version