Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Many cats on top of me  (Read 1836 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Many cats on top of me
« on: March 13, 2017, 11:20:21 PM »

When I was downstairs, with Fergus (l), Caoimhe and Beileag (r)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Many cats on top of me
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:36:02 PM »

Clearly you were a warm and soft location, just right for any cat!  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 12:52:36 AM »

And I was handing out the cat-treats. Beileag (on the right) will claw and bite my fingers if I do not deliver them quickly enough. The Siamese brother and sister are rather bigger now, this was probably taken over five years ago.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:54:55 AM by Weaver »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 03:13:13 PM »

hah I spotted the Webbox cat treat sticks bag.  ;D

I have one very odd cat who doesnt like any of the cat treats.  Most cats go crazy at the Delight sticks, but Zoe doesnt like them nor Dreamies.
Ziggy isn't meant to have either because of his triaditis and no treats allowed... but he does get the occasional ones if hes very poorly.  IMHO its better he eats something rather than nothing at all during those periods and it can help kick start his appetite when he's feeling sick.

One thing they both adore is the Webbox lick-e-lix.   Have you tried that?  Its like a yogurt for cats and brilliant for mixing tablets and meds into ;)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 09:09:34 PM »

I really appreciate your tip on the liquid thing. I simply can not get Caoimhe to go near her anti-allergy sneezing medicine. She immediately detects that there is some funny business going on, and I'm assuming the stuff must taste vile or very chemically and she is a suspicious prime Donna Siamese girl. There's absolutely no way we are going to upset her trying to give it her as it's all about making her happier by stopping the sneezing, wheezy lungs and runny nose, and we can't make her happier by making her miserable, so it would have to be something delicious and very sneaky.

God she does love those cat treats, dreamies or something similar.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 09:35:16 PM »

Ziggy is dreadful when it comes to medication.   Several vets have tried but he outsmarts them all.   Ive tried those pill pockets,  a pill pusher, tried putting it in chicken or other tasty food and still it gets spit out.   Once one of the newer vets said she'd have a go.   We thought she'd managed and she actually said 'there we go'  only for nanosecond later for him to spit it back out on to the table.

What I do now is I dissolve any tablets in a tiny bit of water and then mix it into the lick-e-lix.   I suppose you could crush the tablet, but I just find it easier to let them dissolve.   
Im syringe feeding high protein food atm to him so I'm currently mixing the dissolved tablets into that, but at one time I was going through a couple boxes of  lick-e-lix every week to make sure he got his meds. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Many cats on top of mep
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 02:38:37 AM »

We have got the lick-e-lix and Caoimhe is suspicious even though there is no medicine in it. She is going for it though. After a few licks she decides it is nice. So we are getting her used to having it as a treat and walking away and not looking at her so she doesn't get suspicious because of the scrutiny. Then will start to add a tiny drop of medicine way below the effective dose and slowly build up. That's the plan.

Many thanks for this tip. We might end up with a non-sneezy non-streaming wheezing little cat.

She got beaten up by Beileag the other day. The worm finally turned. She has spent years tormenting poor Beileag but the latter has now got her confidence back and is sticking up for herself.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 11:36:04 PM »

Hope it works for her :)
-----

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 06:17:56 PM »

Thanks to Kitz, Janet has managed to con Caoimhe into unknowingly taking her medicine for wheezing and sneezing ('piriton'). So here's hoping that it works. It's early days. She did sneeze all over me earlier today.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 12:37:49 PM »

;D
-----

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 12:40:05 PM »

It is working well, unfortunately it's very short-term. But the yummy stuff works perfectly so we can give it her as often as we want. In fact the old Orange cat got his head in first and licked up all her medicine the other day, and she missed out.

anything