Broadband Related > ISPs

AA’s problems with slowness for users on TT Wholesale lines continue

(1/3) > >>

Weaver:
Those Andrews and Arnold users who are connected via TalkTalk Wholesale have been having problems with slowness under certain conditions for a good while now. It turns out that the location of the problem has been identified and there is an effective temporary workaround. However testing still continues in order to find out the exact cause of the problem. See
    https://aastatus.net/2358

burakkucat:
Ack.

I have been following the saga and see that the temporary workaround is to move everyone off the Telehouse interconnect.

Chrysalis:
That workaround also has shown tho that AAISP have good headroom (unlike certain other isps who run "just enough") to be able to switch those users over and maintain good performance at peak, if the 2 interconnect's were reasonably balanced then it would suggest at least 50% headroom.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on March 10, 2017, 01:16:39 AM ---. . . if the 2 interconnect's were reasonably balanced then it would suggest at least 50% headroom.

--- End quote ---

Indeed. That is just how I interpreted it.  :)

Weaver:
@Chrysalis - what is your opinion based on this level of headroom? What significance does it have? I'm not expressing this very well.

Will need free beers for TT-based customers. Or 3D-printed Orcs or some such sweeteners. I would not be happy.

[Moderator edited to merge two consecutive postings into one.]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version