Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTP on Demand (aggregration node?)  (Read 1751 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
FTTP on Demand (aggregration node?)
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:29:32 PM »

Hi all,
I've just checked my phone number recently and it tells me I could get FTTP on Demand. My question is how could I estimate the possible distance from my place to the nearest aggregation node? I'm about 600 meters from the ECI cabinet going by road distance, but obviously a line can take a different route although the line seems to follow the road to some degree from what I can see.

My question is how could I guess or know where the nearest node might be, as I assume that's not the ECI cabinet? I don't want to call just to get an estimate as that would be a waste of time if it turns out I'm going to pay perhaps around 2000 pounds or more, as I wouldn't pay that. Maybe 1000-1500 pounds max for the installation, as my speed isn't great on FTTC at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forget it, just realised I was reading the wrong prices on Openreach's stuff, the old ones.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 12:38:27 PM by Ixel »

lee111s

• Reg Member
Re: FTTP on Demand (aggregration node?)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:39:31 PM »

Hi all,
I've just checked my phone number recently and it tells me I could get FTTP on Demand. My question is how could I estimate the possible distance from my place to the nearest aggregation node? I'm about 600 meters from the ECI cabinet going by road distance, but obviously a line can take a different route although the line seems to follow the road to some degree from what I can see.

My question is how could I guess or know where the nearest node might be, as I assume that's not the ECI cabinet? I don't want to call just to get an estimate as that would be a waste of time if it turns out I'm going to pay perhaps around 2000 pounds or more, as I wouldn't pay that. Maybe 1000-1500 pounds max for the installation, as my speed isn't great on FTTC at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

If you're 600m from the cab it's unlikely the AN is any closer.

Someone on TBB is paying £400 installation for being 800-999m away from the AN.

You're not likely to get is for anywhere close to £1500.

You are aware that the monthly rental for FTTPoD is around £300 excl. VAT.

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: FTTP on Demand (aggregration node?)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »

Yeah I've just realised I was reading the wrong prices, hence why I've edited my original post. The distance based costs are rediculous. Thanks anyway.

anything