Chat > Tech Chat

Anyone sign up to BT Call Protect?

(1/3) > >>

Bowdon:
Did anyone sign up for bt call protect?

I'm getting sick of these callers, who seem to be now calling at 8:30am every morning waking me up  >:(

If you have signed up for it have you noticed a difference?

licquorice:
Pointless, most of the numbers scammers use are 10 digit spoofed numbers and are different with every call so all you will ever do is block a number that will never get used again.

gt94sss2:
I think the best solution is to sign up and see how you find it.

As well as the "BT Blacklist" Call Protect does allow you to block individual numbers as well as types of calls (witheld , international etc.) as well as blocking all calls (apart from a whitelist) during specified times.

adrianw:
I signed my mother up to the BT Blacklist (and the TPA long ago).
It did slightly reduce the number of scam calls, notably those showing as international or withheld.
Some scam calls still get through.

Happily, my own Plusnet line gets very few scamming calls.

sevenlayermuddle:
I had two calls in quick succession early one morning last week, each from the same number.

The first scam claimed to be from Microsoft to help me with errors on my computer.
The second scam claimed to be from the TPS, offering to help me stop nuisance calls.  :D

Amusing as I found it, it did occur to me that vulnerable people who really had signed up with TPS might just be taken in by the second of these.   I have no idea what the aim of the call was, other than it was obviously a scam.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version